Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
10:45 PM
Ingredients

• 2 x 250 gm Beef fillets, at least 25mm thick.
  • 1 tblsp Prepared mustard sauce
  • Salt
  • 2 tblsp Cracked black peppercorns
  • 1 tblsp Olive oil
  • 150 ml Beef stock
  • 100 ml Plain yoghurt
with mushrooms 1 s.jpg

Method

Sprinkle the salt over both sides of the fillets then brush both sides with the mustard sauce.

Put the cracked peppercorns onto a dish and ‘coat’ both sides of the fillets ensuring full coverage.

Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the fillets for around 90 seconds each side (slightly longer if thicker than 25mm). Remove the fillets and leave to stand. At this point the surfaces may be blowlamp charred if desired.

Add any remaining peppercorns to the pan and then the beef stock. Stir to mix. Slowly add the yoghurt mixing continuously and then bring to the boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.

Spoon the sauce over the fillet to serve.

We've made steak au poivre which is similar, with a few changes in ingredients. The pepper steak I'm familiar with is called that for the use of bell peppers. Very similar to a stir-fry I've seen in some cookbooks.

@Yorky

Wonderful photo .. Highly appetising ..

My French mom in law prepares Steak Au Poivre on occasion .. I do not recall off top her sauce but I believe it is a Dijon off top of thinking cap .. or a side of Bernaise ..

I shall ask her when my husband calls her tonight .. We are in Madrid attending a Tourism Convention ..

Back
Top Bottom