Pet peeves about cooking shows

I hope MG doesn't start a new thread called, "Name really bad songs to get stuck in CD's head." It will immediately go on my "Ignore Thread" list.

CD
How about that Georgia Satellites song? I think it's called Keep Your Hands to Yourself...I can't stand that song.

I think we should have a "worst songs" thread though. Bound to be some dissension.

How about that Georgia Satellites song? I think it's called Keep Your Hands to Yourself...I can't stand that song.

I think we should have a "worst songs" thread though. Bound to be some dissension.

Never heard that one and I'm not willingly going to.

Never heard that one and I'm not willingly going to.
Yeah, you likely have, lol. It was a radio hit on rock stations (unfortunately) I think in late 80s.

"I got a little change in my pocket goin' jing-a-ling-a-ling
Wants to call you on the telephone baby, a-give you a ring
But each time we talk, I get the same old thing
Always no hug-ee no kiss-ee until I get a weddin' ring
My honey my baby, don't put my love upon no shelf
She said don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself."

"My honey, my baby, don't put my love upon no shelf
She said, "Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself"

That one gets stuck in my head on regular basis.

CD

We had a DJ, but all my musician friends were there, so we played a few things.

It’s three-chord rockabilly - I can play that unconscious. :laugh:

You may not believe this, but I planned the wedding reception, and hired a string quartet comprised of some students from my alma mater, one of the best music schools in the world. My friends were confused, until they saw the three kegs and many bottles of wine. Okay, that's the Caseydog I know. Everyone actually loved it, especially my very white male friends who didn't have to dance with their wives/girlfriends.

My dad paid for it all, but he was cool with it. He was just amazed to see 360 - plus people show up at my wedding reception. :laugh:

CD

You may not believe this, but I planned the wedding reception, and hired a string quartet comprised of some students from my alma mater, one of the best music schools in the world. My friends were confused, until they saw the three kegs and many bottles of wine. Okay, that's the Caseydog I know. Everyone actually loved it, especially my very white male friends who didn't have to dance with their wives/girlfriends.

My dad paid for it all, but he was cool with it. He was just amazed to see 360 - plus people show up at my wedding reception. :laugh:

CD
We got married in a registry office. $10 in 76?
Big difference with son. I paid for all booze and sit down meal for 150
His wife's parents paid for cars and pics.

Russ

I like my peas with mashed potatoes. Does the same thing as honey, but isn't quite as weird.

CD
I stick the peas to the mash. Never lose any. Lol

one of my pet peeves is that they never show a fully cooked egg , the yoke is never cooked , yes i know some people like eggs that way but you would think someone would fully cook an egg once in a while , another one is how everyone eats on these shows , when they take a bite of anything the fork is always upside down
The important point is that a cooking show should be viewed as suggestions or inspiration, not as hard and fast rules. You can and should cook your eggs the way you like them. Making something you enjoy eating is what it is all about. I rarely make exactly what a recipe says. I almost always delete or add things or increase or decrease ingredient amounts to address my personal preference. It is the most fun part of cooking in my view.

Back
Top Bottom