2 TB low-sodium soy sauce
2 cups onion, vertically sliced
1 pound cremini/baby belle mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4oz sliced reduced-fat provolone cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 1 green bell pepper into thin strips. Cut remaining 4 bell peppers in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds and membranes with a spoon. Arrange halved peppers, cut side up, in a 13 x 9–inch baking pan or casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add steak to pan; cook, turning occasionally, until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Drizzle with soy sauce; cook, tossing frequently, until steak is glazed and liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove steak mixture from pan.

Off heat, recoat pan with nonstick spray (no need to wipe out pan). Reheat pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper strips, onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; sauté until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, then return steak to pan.

After 20 minutes, remove bell pepper halves from oven. Uncover pan; discard any liquid from peppers. Divide steak mixture evenly among pepper halves. Top evenly with cheese. Bake at 400°F until cheese melts and starts to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.

Serving size is two stuffed pepper halves, 5 WW points.

Recipe courtesy of WeightWatchers.com

How was it? I only ask because I am a little uncertain about these WW recipes.
It was fine, keeping in mind that I don’t like mushrooms very much.

Most of these dishes/foods, for me anyway, fall into the category of “Not bad, I can eat it, and even enjoy some things about it, but it’s not as good as ‘the real thing.’”

I’m not sure of your eating habits, beyond knowing that you don’t eat much, but I’m used to eating full-fat everything, and lots of it, so that’s why I feel that way.

If you’re already eating low-fat yogurt, using low-fat milk/substitute, low-fat sour cream, low-fat cheese, baked crisps/chips, and using cooking spray (ugh!), you might not notice much difference.

I’m not sure of your eating habits, beyond knowing that you don’t eat much,

Its not so much what I eat personally (which is mostly permanent low fat) but what I know to be good and what I cook for others, recipes I create etc. which are not what I eat usually but they are meals I taste and taste again when cooking. This recipe strikes me as rather plain, that's all. Its the sort of recipe where you probably need a lot of full fat melting cheese to make it worth eating.

Its the sort of recipe where you probably need a lot of full fat melting cheese to make it worth eating.
Personal taste, I guess. It wasn’t bad at all. The steak was flavorful, and the soy sauce helped bump that up.

Now, would I have preferred to double the cheese and make it full fat as well? Of course. I also would have preferred to toss the mushrooms out altogether and just added more steak, chopped the pepper instead of stuffing it, flash-fried it in a skillet with a lot of oil, and stuffed it into a chewy bakery-fresh roll, but that would miss the whole point. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom