Pizza Q&A.

There's pizza on its way.

"Pizza! Pizza!" - some folks in the US might remember when Little Caesar's (pizza chain) used to do two (very low quality) pizzas for the price of one "of the other guys'" - their little cartoon Roman character would say, "Pizza! Pizza!" :)

We just finished summer here, I froze about 10 kgs in 1 kg bags. I make my own pasta sauce in 2 litre containers. I also make a thick pizza sauce base with oregano and fresh basil, seasoned.i freeze these.
We buy pre made bases for pizza, they are cheap as chips. Perhaps I should make my own bases as well?? I also make my own Parma sauce and freeze as well.
We have our own garden. (spoiler alert)

I put pineapple on my pizzas. :cheers:

Russ

I always make sourdough base. Chopped San Marzano tomato, Mozzarella di Bufala 3 - 4 baslico leaf in my Margherita . Only Pizza my Bambini eat.

Sarana x
I saw on a TV show yesterday an instant pizza dough being made. It was made using flour and natural yoghurt. No yeast and no proving required, just a bit of kneeding, then straight into the oven. Would this be a good alternative to sourdough?

I saw on a TV show yesterday an instant pizza dough being made. It was made using flour and natural yoghurt. No yeast and no proving required, just a bit of kneeding, then straight into the oven. Would this be a good alternative to sourdough?
Sorry never try this is as say I purist when come Pizza is just me. It may work only way is try. I need say that effort with sourdough is worth it.
Sarana x

I'm not going to dismiss it without trying it, but I'd say that's unlikely to be a very good alternative.

Technically that is how you make naan bread.

One other tip, or maybe preference:

I like opening/shaping my dough with oil instead of flour. I used to use flour, a mix of semolina and AP flour, but I watched a guy on YT a couple of years ago, old Italian(-American) New Yorker, and he said he always like using oil, made the dough color nicely and gave it a good taste.

I tried it and, sure enough, I liked it better, so now that's what I do.

Back
Top Bottom