Pizza Q&A.

ElizabethB - I relinquish the crown of Pizza King that you bestowed upon me. I am now Prince Pizza. All hail the Pizza Queen, ElizabethB! Long live the Queen! 🍕 👸
Don't even think about relinquishing your crown. You are my inspiration. G also thanks you. I have another 12" open pizza dough in the freezer. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I may do another beet root/creamed beet green pizza. That combination with the goat cheese was beyond divine.

I've never seen Beetroot on a pizza, ever, or even remotely thought of it. And I thought pineapple was strange?? Btw I love Beetroot, we grow and bottle it here. !!

Russ
The only reason I considered such a thing is because we had loads of beets with wonderful, tender greens in the garden. Unfortunately the beets are done for this year. If I do it again I will have to buy beets and there will not be enough greens to cream. I will have to do a mix of beet greens and spinach. I think that would work.
The only way I would consider using pineapple on a pizza would be for a desert pizza.

The only reason I considered such a thing is because we had loads of beets with wonderful, tender greens in the garden. Unfortunately the beets are done for this year. If I do it again I will have to buy beets and there will not be enough greens to cream. I will have to do a mix of beet greens and spinach. I think that would work.
The only way I would consider using pineapple on a pizza would be for a desert pizza.

You muricans are weird, kind of, but we still love ya,lmao.

Russ

Swiss chard would probably more closely resemble beet greens.

I like spinach sauteed with garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes (drained well) plus sauteed mushrooms with smoked FRESH mozzarella. If you use commercially smoked moz you have to use just a little and use fresh moz for the rest, as the commercial smoked cheese is extremely strong.

I'm sure we'll be having a crawdad pizza with some of the frozen ones. It's one of Craig's faves. I was dubious about trying it because of the ingredients, you'll see, but was very pleasantly surprised.

Don't even think about relinquishing your crown. You are my inspiration. G also thanks you. I have another 12" open pizza dough in the freezer. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I may do another beet root/creamed beet green pizza. That combination with the goat cheese was beyond divine.
Dessert pizzas are fun, but my favorite non-standard pie is a breakfast pizza - a mix of mozz and creamy cottage cheese, bacon, and eggs cracked on top. 😋

As much as I'm opposed to "Hawaiian pizza," pineapple on a dessert pizza is an acceptable use.

The Royal Pizza Court has spoken!

I make a lot of pizza crusts but I have never made one this perfectly round.
Thanks. I usually make dough the night before and let it slow-rise in the fridge, in a ziploc bag. When I do that, it goes from a ball to a disk. Then I take that out, still in the bag, and let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours, to come to room temp. It'll just continue to spread, but keeping that near-perfect disk shape.

All I have to do at that point is carefully remove it from the bag and just push it out into a circle. Takes all of 60 seconds. It also helps that I do that with oil on my hands, not flour.

Sometimes, though, my pizzas look like Greenland. :laugh:

My wife is the pizza queen. She only makes them when her nieces arrive from Serbia. Convid is a bastard.
64884366_601284383694414_3730973833029484544_n.jpg

64855484_601284433694409_4281939539204767744_n (1).jpg

64837223_601284350361084_3874260852626423808_n.jpg

65148963_601284410361078_1622817053075308544_n (1).jpg

67257528_616518845504301_549651257204146176_n (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom