Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olga from the Volga said after Sasha the slasher has done the business, I can have a nice cup of tea then go. I hope I will be able to take a few selfies as Slasher gets on with it. I need a new profile pic.

I just changed mine. yellow eyelash viper from central and south America. This one is in a friends venomous collection.

That's why I have duct tape over my laptop camera. :laugh:

When I read about how hackers can access webcams, I covered the cameras on both computers with some black gaffer's tape. That's an area where I am kind of weird. I have security cameras around the house, but none inside. The video is saved on a "Cloud" server. I had one in the front hallway, but took it down. I think about things like getting out of the shower, and walking to the laundry room for some underwear. Having that footage on a cloud server would keep me awake at night.

CD

I am a little disappointed with the scar. Eva Vestoff redressed it so I had my first good look. Sasha the Slasher is a Maxillofacial and Cosmetic surgeon hence most of the stitching is inside and it won't leave a good trophy scar. Eva has the touch of an angel.

When I had my Seadoo "accident" (got run over by a moron in a boat), The ER doctor who sewed me up -- 28 stitches in my forehead -- did an outstanding job. When I saw the stitches, I thought I was going to look like Frankenstein for the rest of my life. But, she did such a meticulous job that you can't see a scar unless I point it out, and you look closely.

CD

We have cameras at front door and French doors at the back. You'd be surprised how many people walk up the drive and spot the camera sign and the camera. They turn around and walk away. Prolly sales people? Doesn't stop religious people knocking on the door though. Last lot about a year ago, a family of God botherers , mum dad and two kids about 11 and 12. I gave them an earful. Told them their kids should be playing sport, not following their lepers for parents.
I could hear my wife giggling in the background.
Today... Friday I'm picking up booze later then takeaway for dinner. Friends calling in after that. Drinks will flow?

Russ

I have no patience with anyone showing up at my house unannounced, and when that happens, I don't feel any obligation to be civil.

I've told off local politicians, sales people, evangelizers, and people on the con. Hell, my own nephew showed up with no notice at 11:30PM, and got me out of bed, and I was so ticked off, I threw his butt in the car and dropped him at the local homeless shelter for the night.

I have no patience with anyone showing up at my house unannounced, and when that happens, I don't feel any obligation to be civil.

I've told off local politicians, sales people, evangelizers, and people on the con. Hell, my own nephew showed up with no notice at 11:30PM, and got me out of bed, and I was so ticked off, I threw his butt in the car and dropped him at the local homeless shelter for the night.

I wouldn't answer the door at 11.30 at night. Hell I keep our doors locked all the time. Only because about 20 years ago I knew someone who opened his door to some guy down the road from him. Turns out he was off his meds and physcotic and stabbed him to death.
Ain't gunna happen to me.

Russ

Only very close friends even enter our gate. The "door" bell is on the outside of the wall.

Only very close friends even enter our gate. The "door" bell is on the outside of the wall.

I have considered changing my 3 ft front fence and side fence which is 3 ft for about 5 metres. Replacing it with 6 ft high. It would mean gates for the side walk and driveway. 2,000 approx.

Think I'll put up with the odd knock on the door.

Russ

Hell, my own nephew showed up with no notice at 11:30PM, and got me out of bed, and I was so ticked off, I threw his butt in the car and dropped him at the local homeless shelter for the night.
Tasty mate, I liked the cut of your jib before. If I ever get to make the number 1 on my things to do before I die bucket list ie Start a Cult. Would you do me the honor of being Head of Security.

Last edited:
I wouldn't answer the door at 11.30 at night. Hell I keep our doors locked all the time. Only because about 20 years ago I knew someone who opened his door to some guy down the road from him. Turns out he was off his meds and physcotic and stabbed him to death.
Ain't gunna happen to me.

Russ

Here is where my security cameras enter the scene. Anyone I don't know knocks on my door in the middle of the night, I don't answer. If they were to persist by trying to break in, they would be greeted by an angry old man with a Remington 870 Tactical loaded with seven rounds of 000 buckshot.

I may be a liberal, but I'll take care of myself, if I have to.

Yet another layer.

CD

All you need is a big sexually deviant dog like Max. We would lock Max in the shed when any trades men entered the house or garden. Mrs Blank thought the Window Cleaner was a cheat, she let Max out when he was up the ladder cleaning the upstairs windows. I was alerted by his screams as Max was screwing his ladder. He never returned and left muttering what Max would have probably done if he had fallen off. Word soon got around.

I have considered changing my 3 ft front fence and side fence which is 3 ft for about 5 metres. Replacing it with 6 ft high. It would mean gates for the side walk and driveway. 2,000 approx.

Think I'll put up with the odd knock on the door.

Russ

Where we used to live, there was a community pool. Problem was folks that didn't live in the community were always climbing the fence to get in. When making high pressure hoses at work, we had a swaging machine that required a thick, viscous lubricant for the process. The only way to clean it was with denatured alcohol. What a surprise the teenagers got after I smeared that stuff all over the top of the fence and gate.😈:whistling:

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish cooking what was supposed to be last night's dinner and the prep I had started for another dinner. Our power went off to whole neighborhood yesterday afternoon just after 2 due to a storm and the power company didn't get it back on until almost 8. We ended up with Greek takeout for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom