Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HVAC guy here now. Waiting on the A/C verdict.

I'm on vacation next week, so it'll be a mad scramble to get loose ends tied up before signing off for the week.

. yellow eyelash viper from central and south America. This one is in a friends venomous collection.
Is that a type of the deadly in rain Windscreen Viper ?
We have vipers here, they are quite common.

Nose-horned Viper (Poskok)

The ‘Poskok’ is reputed to be the most dangerous of the European vipers due to its large size, long fangs (up to 13 mm) and high venom toxicity. In Croatia, this snake can be found everywhere, from the north to the islands. The snake grows to a maximum total length (body + tail) of 95 cm, although individuals usually measure less than 85 cm.
Snakes in Croatia – what to watch out for

The ‘Poskok’ is reputed to be the most dangerous of the European vipers due to its large size, long fangs (up to 13 mm) and high venom toxicity. In Croatia, this snake can be found everywhere, from the north to the islands. The snake grows to a maximum total length (body + tail) of 95 cm, although individuals usually measure less than 85 cm.

European vipers do not have the heat sensing organs of pit vipers. Al's venomous collection includes several black headed bushmasters, the largest of the pit vipers and the only species of the pit vipers that lays eggs. The rest bare living young (eggs retained in the females until birth).

Last edited:
European vipers do not have the heat sensing organs of pit vipers. Al's venomous collection includes several black headed bushmasters, the largest of the pit vipers and the only species of the pit vipers that lays eggs. The rest bare living young (eggs retained in the females until birth.
Very interesting mate, I get the sense that cooking is not your only love. I feel snakes have had a lot of bad press since adam and eve. I find them and other reptiles fascinating. I went to south west India with my godson who was writing a thesis on why the native turtle was dying out. He found the solution and the problem was solved.

Well, the A/C thing went rather well, if $500US is rather well.

The issue was traced back to two small leaks in two lines. The repair guy (same guy they always send, he's a champ) was able to patch those, then recharge the completely depleted refrigerant.

Had that not worked, then it would have been replacing the whole system, around $12-$15K.

I love the repair guy. In the 16 years he's been coming here, I think he may have spoken 30 words at most. He's almost emotionless, but I think he's just a no-nonsense guy.

He almost made a joke today. He pointed out the two leaks and said:

"Two ways to go on this. Braze these. Some risk. If I do it wrong, it can get in the line. Plug it. New system."

"What's the other way?"

"Forget that. Get a new system."

So I asked him to try fixing it, and he exhaled meaningfully, said ok, then added:

"Don't worry. Been doing this 35 years."

And that was that. Fixed it up a treat. House is ice cold now.

Here is where my security cameras enter the scene. Anyone I don't know knocks on my door in the middle of the night, I don't answer. If they were to persist by trying to break in, they would be greeted by an angry old man with a Remington 870 Tactical loaded with seven rounds of 000 buckshot.

I may be a liberal, but I'll take care of myself, if I have to.

Yet another layer.

CD

Lol, I also have a large machete under my bed upstairs.

Russ

Well, the A/C thing went rather well, if $500US is rather well.

The issue was traced back to two small leaks in two lines. The repair guy (same guy they always send, he's a champ) was able to patch those, then recharge the completely depleted refrigerant.

Had that not worked, then it would have been replacing the whole system, around $12-$15K.

I love the repair guy. In the 16 years he's been coming here, I think he may have spoken 30 words at most. He's almost emotionless, but I think he's just a no-nonsense guy.

He almost made a joke today. He pointed out the two leaks and said:

"Two ways to go on this. Braze these. Some risk. If I do it wrong, it can get in the line. Plug it. New system."

"What's the other way?"

"Forget that. Get a new system."

So I asked him to try fixing it, and he exhaled meaningfully, said ok, then added:

"Don't worry. Been doing this 35 years."

And that was that. Fixed it up a treat. House is ice cold now.

Mine was a motor, $444 later it was good. My guy I couldn't shut up. He hung round with the same guys I did when I was 15 and 16. We were so similar it wasn't funny.

Russ

And that's why my wife won't go there, snakes,lol

Russ

Sit and think.
Or maybe just sit.

My week in pictures...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom