Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see...I've got to pick up some meds for the dog. At 17, every monthly refill, I expect to be her last, but she keeps on keepin' on.

I also have to get her some food. She eats super crazy expensive ultra premium food - that's not the problem. A while ago, she was going through a finicky patch, and the vet recommended getting her some little containers of really cheap food: "They're not good for a dog at all, but they *taste* good, so just mix one of those in with her healthy food."

Now, a year later, she won't eat her healthy food without the treat of the cheap food. Problem is, those little things are made for dogs like Yorkies and Chihuahuas, and my dog is a 45-lb setter, so she goes through several of them a day, so I'm constantly buying them in packs of 30.

I also have to stop in at Best Buy and see if they'll install an over-the-air TV antenna. We have a cheapie indoor one that just sits on the floor and I promised the wife I'd get her a better outdoor one.

Thing is, I strongly dislike any kind of DIY work, so my solution for things like that is to usually call somebody to have it done.

I did find a local guy, but he's pricey ($350US), especially considering that most of the work is done, and all he really has to do is mount the antenna and then hook in the existing cable (all the infrastructure, so to speak, is already in place from when we had satellite TV), so I'm hoping Best Buy will do it for less.

Today is the last business day of the month, so work will be hectic and our overnight process (for which I'm on call) will all run substantially longer. Yippee! :(

Let's see...I've got to pick up some meds for the dog. At 17, every monthly refill, I expect to be her last, but she keeps on keepin' on.

I also have to get her some food. She eats super crazy expensive ultra premium food - that's not the problem. A while ago, she was going through a finicky patch, and the vet recommended getting her some little containers of really cheap food: "They're not good for a dog at all, but they *taste* good, so just mix one of those in with her healthy food."

Now, a year later, she won't eat her healthy food without the treat of the cheap food. Problem is, those little things are made for dogs like Yorkies and Chihuahuas, and my dog is a 45-lb setter, so she goes through several of them a day, so I'm constantly buying them in packs of 30.

I also have to stop in at Best Buy and see if they'll install an over-the-air TV antenna. We have a cheapie indoor one that just sits on the floor and I promised the wife I'd get her a better outdoor one.

Thing is, I strongly dislike any kind of DIY work, so my solution for things like that is to usually call somebody to have it done.

I did find a local guy, but he's pricey ($350US), especially considering that most of the work is done, and all he really has to do is mount the antenna and then hook in the existing cable (all the infrastructure, so to speak, is already in place from when we had satellite TV), so I'm hoping Best Buy will do it for less.

Today is the last business day of the month, so work will be hectic and our overnight process (for which I'm on call) will all run substantially longer. Yippee! :(

Busy day for you! Have you tried raw ground beef for your dog (mixed with whatever)? Most dogs love it.

My day was driving back from Clacton-on-sea to Saffron Walden (I'm still with my friend). Now I'm making a chicken curry which I planned in my head 'en route'. So far, so good except that the Scotch Bonnet I put (pierced) briefly into the sauce seems to be particularly potent. :pepper:

Busy day for you! Have you tried raw ground beef for your dog (mixed with whatever)? Most dogs love it.
With a 17yo dog who has a lifetime of digestive issues, she's had every kind of diet imaginable at one point or another. :)

When ours get finicky, we either mix chicken broth with their food or, if they are being really difficult, I boil some chicken thighs in water, then use that water/broth to cook some rice, shred the chicken, mix with the rice. ALWAYS works.

We used to have a half golden retriever/half malamute that had colitis. We always got smelly warnings of when she was getting ready to have a flare so I kept at least 1 bag of the chicken and rice in the freezer so I could immediately start her on that diet. 9 times out of 10 it would stop the flare. The pug by the black one in my avatar also had the same problem and it worked with her too, though obviously it was a lot easier to keep on hand for her at 15 pounds versus 90 for the mixed dog.

Talking about dogs, my sons golden retriever has a strict diet as he's 11 which is quite old for a gr. But his breath stinks like hell. He has these chewy bites for his teeth so it doesn't stink. It works.

Day today propagating seeds. Radishes lettuces and spring onions ready to be planted out. First day of Spring tomorrow,yay. Summers just around the corner. 1st September is normally a sombre day, my wife's mum passed away on that date. She was a top lady. We got on really well.

Russ

I hope you all can stayed cheered, @rascal. I felt the same way about my in-laws. Couldn't have asked for two better people and I think about them all the time.

I hope you all can stayed cheered, @rascal. I felt the same way about my in-laws. Couldn't have asked for two better people and I think about them all the time.

I used to take her away with us on holidays at Xmas. Both my wife and I are one parent kids. I used to try and get her to say I was the fave son in law. I knew I was but she wouldn't favour anyone.lol.

Russ

I've got to visit the grocers' for my weekly shopping. I'm kind of thrown off on that since they quit opening registers early.

It doesn't help that's I'm on call and everywhere I go, I have to lug my damn laptop with me. :mad:

Well, I went to the local grocer early this morning to get Benadryl for my dog. Grabbed more eggs (we go through eggs like nobody's business), blueberries, and a half-loaf of dark rye bread.

As soon as I finish my morning beer :)laugh:), it's down to Meijer's to get some specialty food for the dog, and then to nip across the road to Best Buy, to see about having an old-style TV aerial installed (the more things change...).

After that, back to the house for a radish salad and pretzels later on (and more beer, I'm sure), and then maybe a movie tonight, since tomorrow is a bank holiday.

Cruisy day after yesterday's Father's Day, daughter got me some corona beer and son put $50 in my betting account. I'll invest that during the week,lol. Clean up the BBQ. Lawn mans due today. It's a nice day today.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom