Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After an almost whole day spent in hospital on Sunday and part of Monday morning, not too much meals apart from some 'iron food'...no, I didn't eat gates or screwdrivers, only food with large amounts of iron. Today in the pub near to office, I will have the foresight to eat spinach and meat (hope to find liver). I doubt I'll find dishes with lentils. Perhaps it will be easier to find screws...

Today is escape day.

But we've already taken my sister's dog Bella to the vets after walking her fit the final time this morning. She's a Shar Pei and she has just suddenly started having problems with her eyelashes rubbing her eye balls. All of a sudden she just went down hill whilst we were here. So on Wednesday last week we took her to see the vets and they have her in today. They'll do the op needed to pull them back away from her eyes so it's dog face lift time. I know she'll be fine but...

I've just finished packing. We'd have been able to leave a suitcase behind if it wasn't for the weight limit. Grrr.

Then its drop me and the suitcases off at the airport, drop off the hire car, get the bus back to the terminal and say goodbye to my parents who are meeting us there.

In between all of that the plumber had been to fix a problem with the boiler caused by his work fixing a problem with the boiler last week. I really didn't need him telling me that I had caused the problem by putting too much water into the system to get the pressure back up on Sunday morning when the boiler decided it no longer wanted to work. It camber up with error 108 which is low water pressure. No guessing what the solution was... I even looked it up on the handbook online and followed it to the letter... It took a lot of water too get the pressure high enough for the boiler to decide to work again despite doing a reset each time. When he told me I'd caused the problem I snapped at him. Told him quite clearly that if he'd actually done his job correctly inn the first place, I'd not have been facing a boiler that had an error message on it on Sunday morning and was refusing to work and giving us no hot water... I walked off at that point before I really lost my temper but not before telling him that neither the handbook for the boiler or the boiler itself agreed that the pressure should be below 1 bar. It took getting it to 2 bars before the boiler decided to work. The red line for max pressure is at 3½ bars so I had no problems taking it up to 2 bars in ⅓bar intervals. Grrr men who assume women can't do anything really mickey me off no end. I was going to get him to unblock my sister's upstairs toilet properly and save me a job, but I've done it myself the hard way and slightly less pleasant way now saving me money.

@MypinchofItaly - I hope nothing to serious and that you're doing better!

@SatNavSaysStraightOn - what a lot of aggravation! I hate calling service people for anything because it's never as straightforward as it should be. I also get a lot of grief out of items that just don't work right.

After an almost whole day spent in hospital on Sunday and part of Monday morning, not too much meals apart from some 'iron food'...no, I didn't eat gates or screwdrivers, only food with large amounts of iron. Today in the pub near to office, I will have the foresight to eat spinach and meat (hope to find liver). I doubt I'll find dishes with lentils. Perhaps it will be easier to find screws...

I'm guessing you were anaemic then? Hope you are feeling better.

Back to work (from home) after a three-day weekend. Next fed holiday is next month.

The dog has her six-month checkup at the vet's today as well.

@MypinchofItaly - I hope nothing to serious and that you're doing better!

@SatNavSaysStraightOn - what a lot of aggravation! I hate calling service people for anything because it's never as straightforward as it should be. I also get a lot of grief out of items that just don't work right.

@TastyReuben Nothing serious, but some things sometimes are a little too invasives! I just hope I don't attract lightning with all this iron :laugh:
Anyway I'm feeling better, thanks

Right, strongly anemic and I don't know why this condition has increased during the latest years..anyway, I'm feeling better now, thanks!
I'm sorry to hear this. My husband has the exact opposite condition, which is hereditary. His body stores iron and does not release it. It is stored in his organs and joints. It's a dangerous condition because we didn't know he had it and no one in his family has it but both parents carry the genes and there was a 25% chance out him having it. He is over of 4 boys. All the others either carry the gene (two of them) or are clear of it (the other). Until we moved to Australia he had been giving blood regularly which had accidentally managed the condition. The treatment is to give blood regularly to keep iron levels down! sadly although his blood is very valuable especially in ICU or emergency surgery, his blood can't be used in Australia because of the UK CJD and mad cow disease problems back in the '80's.
I too sadly suffer from the exact opposite, lack of iron and also lack of potassium which plagues me constantly.

Tomorrow: work in the morning, finish at 12.30, come home have lunch, shower then off to the salon for waxing. When my husband comes home we are dropping or pets off for their holiday.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this. My husband has the exact opposite condition, which is hereditary. His body stores iron and does not release it. It is stored in his organs and joints. It's a dangerous condition because we didn't know he had it and no one in his family has it but both parents carry the genes and there was a 25% chance out him having it. He is over of 4 boys. All the others either carry the gene (two of them) or are clear of it (the other). Until we moved to Australia he had been giving blood regularly which had accidentally managed the condition. The treatment is to give blood regularly to keep iron levels down! sadly although his blood is very valuable especially in ICU or emergency surgery, his blood can't be used in Australia because of the UK CJD and mad cow disease problems back in the '80's.
I too sadly suffer from the exact opposite, lack of iron and also lack of potassium which plagues me constantly.

Oh Dear, I'm sorry to hear this about your husband, and about your lack of iron too. I know how much it can be frustrating.
My personal sensation is that the lack of iron has increased in the latest years as I wrote early (even if they say that it doesn't depends on it). I necessary need to take several quantities of iron in any form, food included. Obviously that's under medical control even because it could cause serious problems to my liver. I can recognize the symphtoms about a serious lack of iron (faintings for example) and sometimes I need to have a trip in hospital for a drip.
Anyway, I can manage this and considering my pallor I could also be a perfect Casper for Halloween or Dracula :laugh:

Usually, I'm in the office today, but I'm working from home. I'm going into the office tomorrow instead, because they're taking us employees out to a baseball game and giving us $20 each to spend on concessions. That should just about cover a hot dog...:D

That means I'm also shifting laundry day from Thursday to Wednesday this week.

Of all my household chores, laundry is the one I hate the most. Once it gets rolling, you can forget about doing anything else because it seems like just as you get settled into another task or a cup of tea, the tumble dryer starts beeping and that has to be seen to. Up, down. Up, down...that's me on laundry day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom