Plans for today (2023)

That made me laugh a lot, so accurate I could hear their voices saying your lines, brilliant šŸ˜†
Thanks! :thankyou:

I recently agreed to my friends request when we get a bit older to get a side car and make modern (old) two fat ladies youtube shorts!
I regret it already, apparently side cars are an absolute pig to ride šŸ˜†
Iā€™ll try and remember to send you a pic of my brotherā€™s bike and sidecar - he had it custom-made from a carnival ride car!

A couple of pics from the mom-and-pop grocery store I went to. This is their third location:

IMG_4464.jpeg
IMG_4461.jpeg
IMG_4462.jpeg
IMG_4463.jpeg

Went on a "Gourmet City Tour" today, as special guest . the organisers are friends of mine and do these tours every now and then, visiting new foodie places in the city.
We visited about a dozen different places and I haven't eaten so much for about 3 years... Still, lots of interesting options available, including a new "Food Truck" spot and an excellent artesan microbrewery. First stop - a street market, with a young lady who makes the most incredible fruit pies. Obviously, apple pie, but fresh figs, strawberry and vanilla? WOW - just amazing. Then we went to a bakery, butit was actually for the coffee. Artesan coffee, with the most incredible high-tech machinery from Italy. From there to a very Venezuelan passion: a place that sells empanadas (deep-fried turnovers, for the unititated). Over 30 different flavours. Magic.
Followed that with lunch at a pizzeria which makes classic Neapolitan pizza. TOTALLY different from Pizza Hut, Domino's, and American style pizza in general. The crust around the edges puffs up. The middle of the pizza is super thin and the topping is simple, simple, simple. San Marzano tomatoes and fresh buffalo mozzarella. Or the pizza which just blew me over: pistacho "cream", topped with thin mortadella and burrata.
Then we went to a Food Truck Stop. All sorts of classic stuff - burgers, pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, but one place was doing Bao buns and " Asian" wok noodle dishes. Yeah - that was good.
RMS Empanadas Carupanadas.jpg
RMS Pizza Napolitana Mortadela, Burrata, pistachio.jpg
RMS Bao Buns Taipei.jpg

I got out of working overnight, Iā€™m sure my coworkers are a little perturbed.

Anyhoo, no big plans today, not even leaving the house if I can help it. I do need to mow the grass, but thatā€™s about it.

Doesn't that dictate leaving the house? :scratchhead:
For me, ā€œleaving the houseā€ means getting in a car and driving away.

There are three levels of leaving the house:

1. Leaving the actual structure. This would involve going outside to deadhead flowers/mow the grass/observe how my neighbor has goofed something up in his yard.

2. Leaving the property (on foot). This mainly involves going for a walk on our dead-end road.

3. Getting in a car and leaving the neighborhood. If that happens on a Sunday, itā€™s because of some aggravating task, like going out for milk because I somehow forgot to buy milk at the four grocery stores I stopped in at on Saturday. Happens more than I care to admit.

I finished building the new section of fence to replace the one that blew over... about two years ago. :facepalm:It is between my yard and my neighbor's yard, so it was no big deal. We both have driveway gates, so nobody could get into either yard, and cross over. Well, other than our dogs, and we would just pet them, and send them back to their own yards. :laugh:

Fence-5-23.jpg

I used galvanized steel posts, cemented two feet into the ground, galvanized hardware, all cedar lumber, and two inch stainless steel wood screws to attach the boards (vertical) to the stringers (horizontal). If this one blows down, our houses may not be standing, either.

CD

I finished building the new section of fence to replace the one that blew over... about two years ago. :facepalm:It is between my yard and my neighbor's yard, so it was no big deal. We both have driveway gates, so nobody could get into either yard, and cross over. Well, other than our dogs, and we would just pet them, and send them back to their own yards. :laugh:

View attachment 100308

I used galvanized steel posts, cemented two feet into the ground, galvanized hardware, all cedar lumber, and two inch stainless steel wood screws to attach the boards (vertical) to the stringers (horizontal). If this one blows down, our houses may not be standing, either.

CD

We have a rule here where your neighour has to pay half of the cost.
I replaced my side fence 6? Years ago .
My neighbour paid half. Of costs. I supplied labour free.
Does your neighbour pay half?
Mine was just a few rails and all palings. Palings here are 6 ft high x 6 inches wide x 1/2 inch thick.

Russ

We have a rule here where your neighour has to pay half of the cost.
I replaced my side fence 6? Years ago .
My neighbour paid half. Of costs. I supplied labour free.
Does your neighbour pay half?
Mine was just a few rails and all palings. Palings here are 6 ft high x 6 inches wide x 1/2 inch thick.

Russ

It is customary here for neighbors to split the cost of a shared fence, and we are.

CD

Back
Top Bottom