Plans for today (2023)

I think I could get the same sound with a cat, and a large stick.
Yeah, you could beat animals or even humans you don't like with a stick huh. That's really nice. I don't think it would sound anything like bagpipes, though. Just wanted to say I didn't find that funny.

My only plans for today were to make a rhubarb crumble (in the oven) and to sit down and knit to a film for the afternoon. That's about to happen, once the fruit gets its crumble. I over did it in the rhubarb when I picked it and, well, I went to pull off one last stalk and 6 stalks came off in one go... so I've a lot of rhubarb...

20230524_125908.jpg

Apologies for the dubious horizontal. My phone app doesn't allow for minor horizontal changes (only goes in 90° intervals).

My big plans for yesterday was to see the spine doctor about my aging (and abused) lower back. He's sending me for an MRI, and then he can plan my therapy. Like me, he sees back surgery as a last resort. :okay:

Later in the day, it was very nice outside, so I did some light yard work in the backyard. I also ordered a couple of nice, wrought iron No Trespassing sign for my gate and back fence. I will send a photo of those signs in place to the HOA and inform them that the next time they enter my fenced in and gated backyard without my permission, someone is getting arrested. :ninja:

CD

Day off today to crack on with various jobs, 1st is to tidy up a part if the garden ready for planting. Paperwork to sort through.

My employer provides urgent care-type clinics in a few locations, and we get money added to our health spending accounts if we go in, have our blood drawn, some quickie lab work done, and a 15 minute consultation with the nurse practitioner to tell us where we’re going wrong. :wink:

I did that early this morning, and it just so happens that they’re also hosting a cookout for employees who are also veterans at the work facility across the parking lot, so I’m going to hang out for that, working from a spare cubicle somewhere in this facility I’m not familiar with at all.

MrsT is meeting a this evening for some paperwork transfer, so I’m on my own for supper.

Do I see a pizza in your future?
Idk, actually. I had a fairly unhealthy breakfast, and I’m going to have a fairly unhealthy lunch, so I probably ought to just eat an apple or something.

🤔…sliced apples cooked in a caramel sauce, poured over a pizza dough sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar…

Priority 1: Start moving all of the money I have in PNC Bank to another bank (I call them POS Bank). They decided that the $450 in women's fashions purchased on my PNC Debit card were legitimate charges, and took "their" money back. I am divorced, and I am not at all confused about my "pronouns" (gender identity. Yet, they believe that I bought $450 worth of women's fashions online with "their" money.

I was never actually a PNC customer, as my bank (a VERY good bank) was purchased by PNC and run into the ground. I am looking at two banks, both of which are too big to be bought by PNC. I also want a bank like my old one, that understood that my money is MY money, not theirs. Ever since POS... er, PNC Bank bought my bank, they have sent a consistent message that customer money is THEIR money, and we are privileged to have access to it.

I need to make sure to cut my debit card up and give it to the PNC branch manager, and have them cancel that card so I can't go on another shopping spree for women's clothing. :rolleyes:

CD

Last edited:
My employer provides urgent care-type clinics in a few locations, and we get money added to our health spending accounts if we go in, have our blood drawn, some quickie lab work done, and a 15 minute consultation with the nurse practitioner to tell us where we’re going wrong.
I did that. All in all, things went well, they score all my metrics right on site. The only concern they had was that I’d forgotten my BP meds this morning, since I wasn’t following my usual routine, so it was something like 4,000,000/infinity, and she asked my why I thought it was so high, and I casually asked, “You do have a job, right? And you follow the news?” :laugh:

Other than that, she pronounced me “quite fit,” and I want to point out to our British friends that “fit” is another one of those slang words that has a different meaning here to there - I may be US fit, but I’m definitely not UK fit. :laugh:

they’re also hosting a cookout for employees who are also veterans at the work facility across the parking lot, so I’m going to hang out for that, working from a spare cubicle somewhere in this facility I’m not familiar with at all.
I’ve also had my free hot dog (mustard and onion), bag of chili-cheese Fritos, and chocolate chip cookie and the veterans’ cookout. Oddly, no drinks provided, though there was a DJ. 🤷🏻

I, of course, did the Tasty thing and grabbed my hot dog, thanked the person, who invited to sit at one of the long tables for a meet-and-greet, said I just had to get my drink from my car and I’d be right back…and ducked back inside and ate my food alone and unmolested, in the cool of the A/C, and in a part the building that doesn’t have anyone else in it. :laugh:

Other than that, she pronounced me “quite fit,” and I want to point out to our British friends that “fit” is another one of those slang words that has a different meaning here to there - I may be US fit, but I’m definitely not UK fit. :laugh:

Not sure which way round you mean. The word 'fit' in the UK is used as slang for 'sexy' or 'attractive'. Maybe that came from the US? Its more often used by younger people in that way. It also means (more traditonally) 'in good health'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom