Plans for today (2023)

It may be your generation? <sorry, can't think of a better way of phrasing it>

?
to me fit is a physical health related condition, nothing to do with looking good.

That's what I meant. 'Fit' meaning sexy/attractive tends to be used by younger people than me or you - my son uses it, for example and has done for quite a few years (he is 33). I'd say he has used it in that context for at least 10 years but it goes back much further in black communities in the UK.

That's what I meant. 'Fit' meaning sexy/attractive tends to be used by younger people
I don’t remember what I was watching (something British), but I had to laugh a couple of months ago at a TV program/movie.

Two 20-something men were having a rather serious conversation, and one fellow’s mother happened to walk into the room and offer them tea (of course), then left the room.

The other gentleman looked at his friend and said, “Mate…your mum is fiiiiiit!” :laugh:

She was, certainly, but it was the way he dragged it out that made it so funny.

I have a mud room like that. I moved everything we hadn't used in over a year into it including china and allsorts. The idea was that if we needed it, it would be returned to the kitchen. The reality is that nothing has been whatsoever, so maybe I need to repeat the exercise with a shorter time frame? Problem is that the cabinets in the mud room offer the same threat and I don't drink tea...

In the US, that is called a garage. You park your two $50,000 cars outside so you can fill your garage with cheap crap you don't use. In a few years, you buy a new $60,000 car, and trade the old one in for $10,000 because it is now a piece of 💩 . You park the new car outside, so you can buy more crap to store in your garage.

From what I've seen, there are plenty of BMWs parked outside in Yurrip, too. I'm guessing plenty of garages full of 💩, as well.

CD

From what I've seen, there are plenty of BMWs parked outside in Yurrip, too. I'm guessing plenty of garages full of 💩, as well.
When we lived in the UK, neither garage we had would fit my Jeep Pioneer pickup, and the garage at the first house…I could park the Volvo 240 in it, with the front bumper just touching the back wall, and the garage door would almost…almost latch. I could pull it down, but it missed the latch by about an inch.

The second one just fit the Volvo, but there was no way to get anything else in there, and both garages required the skills of a contortionist to get in and out of the car.

When we lived in the UK, neither garage we had would fit my Jeep Pioneer pickup, and the garage at the first house…I could park the Volvo 240 in it, with the front bumper just touching the back wall, and the garage door would almost…almost latch. I could pull it down, but it missed the latch by about an inch.

The second one just fit the Volvo, but there was no way to get anything else in there, and both garages required the skills of a contortionist to get in and out of the car.
It’s true they are usually quite tiny. Not uncommon to see a tennis ball dangling from the ceiling ready to hit your windscreen as a warning if you go in a millimetre too far 😆

We keep all our vehicles outside. Didn‘t always, back in the day some of them would refuse to start if they were slightly damp let alone wet, they just don’t rust like they used too, I don’t see rust buckets galore on the road like when I passed my driving test in 1990.

I don’t remember what I was watching (something British), but I had to laugh a couple of months ago at a TV program/movie.

Two 20-something men were having a rather serious conversation, and one fellow’s mother happened to walk into the room and offer them tea (of course), then left the room.

The other gentleman looked at his friend and said, “Mate…your mum is fiiiiiit!” :laugh:

She was, certainly, but it was the way he dragged it out that made it so funny.
I can hear it 😆 Fii ii iT!

Oh dear. That’s me done for. I already had too much to do before I leave on Sunday and now a box of 10 herbs (upside down, semi squashed and dry as a bone) have just arrived for planting. Sometimes previous me really messes with future me.
Aaargh 😂
IMG_0145.jpeg

We keep all our vehicles outside. Didn‘t always, back in the day some of them would refuse to start if they were slightly damp let alone wet, they just don’t rust like they used too, I don’t see rust buckets galore on the road like when I passed my driving test in 1990.

Including your BSA? :eek:

Having a garage and keeping a car outside is car abuse, IMO. :stop: A lot of my neighbors do that. The BMW is outside because the garage is full of "stuff' they bought at Walmart/Amazon and never use.

CD

Including your BSA? :eek:

Having a garage and keeping a car outside is car abuse, IMO. :stop: A lot of my neighbors do that. The BMW is outside because the garage is full of "stuff' they bought at Walmart/Amazon and never use.

CD
Oh crikey no, get thee behind me satan 😆

Bikes are not the same as cars, they still rust easily and the mechanical parts are far too exposed to leave them unprotected.

All of my bikes are in the garage. Which is attached to the house and shares the same roof so never gets too cold (there are duvets and greenhouse heaters on standby just incase that should ever occur, which it never has) every bike is connected to a battery tender and the humidity is controlled, keeping at approximately 45%, theres also a webcam with night vision because I like to see them when I’m away 🤣

I’ll see if I can find a pic of my garage, I think you’ll like it.

All of my bikes are in the garage. Which is attached to the house and shares the same roof so never gets too cold (there are duvets and greenhouse heaters on standby just incase that should ever occur, which it never has) every bike is connected to a battery tender and the humidity is controlled, keeping at approximately 45%, theres also a webcam with night vision because I like to see them when I’m away 🤣
I mentioned this before you joined - my brother collects unusual-to-him motorcycles, and when he got divorced, he gave everything over to his ex and then designed his own house.

The main room was a combination living room and garage (which I nicknamed The Liverage), with an insulated garage door on one side, and a custom-made extra-wide front door right next to that, with no center pillar, so he could open both doors and ride a bike right through.

The flooring was industrial heavy black rubber, and he had metal shelving and parts racks throughout, so along with a couple of his bikes and a lot of parts and tools, he had a couch, a table, a TV, and a little wet bar. Oh, and the furnace was right there out in the open as well.

I’ve also got to get a grocery list together for Saturday, so I can make some caper concoctions.
How sad is it that I’ve got my list together, and I’m all giggly thinking about grocery shopping Saturday?

“Ohhhh, I can go down to Eastgate and shop at this, that, and that other store, or I can go to Kettering and shop at that, that, and this other store! Oh boy!”

I mentioned this before you joined - my brother collects unusual-to-him motorcycles, and when he got divorced, he gave everything over to his ex and then designed his own house.

The main room was a combination living room and garage (which I nicknamed The Liverage), with an insulated garage door on one side, and a custom-made extra-wide front door right next to that, with no center pillar, so he could open both doors and ride a bike right through.

The flooring was industrial heavy black rubber, and he had metal shelving and parts racks throughout, so along with a couple of his bikes and a lot of parts and tools, he had a couch, a table, a TV, and a little wet bar. Oh, and the furnace was right there out in the open as well.
Have discussed doing something similar ride through style but an extension off the main bedroom with a glass wall so the first thing you see when you wake up is the bikes 😂
But I aIready have a nice garage with a sofa, heating when you want it, a cocktail bar table, motorcycle pics all over the wall and industrial style rails for bike gear and helmets

I can’t find any pics of it finished which is annoying and the two Enfields, the Livewire and the BSA are missing from the lineup but here you get the idea 😍

B2C27F12-BB28-41DF-9B08-CEC50D2637A4.jpeg

F7765071-7371-4BC3-957A-0C4DB89133D1.jpeg

D8FD08D6-8B38-479E-BEDF-32445D4B6A53.jpeg

In the US, that is called a garage.

This is the garage, and you can't lock it. Neither the right hand roller or the human door at the back lock. The left hand roller you can't open. The lock is broken in the shut position, hence the chook feeding station.
16850677214124099000416961936759.jpg

It's full because my husband can't organise or pack anything for the life of him. But my vehicle doesn't fit into it anyway (too high and too wide). It's too large for the garage door. And you need someone watching the SUV to be able to park it in there. It's plenty long enough for vehicles with a proper workbench at the back, the problem is the narrow width of the roller doors. Both wing mirrors have to be manually pulled in in order to enter the garage with a vehicle. So we don't both. It's not like security is an issue here.

This is the mud room.
16850677400087216665057028932320.jpg

1685067811036500577460533691344.jpg

It is a room at the back of the farmhouse where farm workers can get changed out of wet & muddy clothing, remove dirty footwear and so on... those cupboards under the counter top and the doors at the end of the top photo are chocker... the pottery on the worktop is to go to charity, but not my dehydrator (which is hiding behind the door which is also another cupboard). We hide the expensive waterproofs in that crazy looking cupboard in the summer when not needed, you just have to check there are no resident 🕷 before wearing them...

Unlike the garage, you actually have to be able to walk through the mud room to get into the house because the front door is broken (yet again, the lock is broken in the open position, no big deal, we've only locked the house twice in 5 years. We'll need to get it fixed before October though. )

And yes, the trolley is the chopped wood tray for the fire. It's as fast as I can get it into the house before I have to carry it. No point in carrying it all the way and hurting myself.

Back
Top Bottom