Plans for today (2023)

Not sure which way round you mean. The word 'fit' in the UK is used as slang for 'sexy' or 'attractive'. Maybe that came from the US? Its more often usually by younger people in that way. It also means (more traditonally) 'in good health'.
Here, it just means in good health/in good physical shape, but doesn’t specifically denote sexiness or appeal; for that, we’d say “hot,” or in my youth, “foxy.” 🦊

Mission accomplished! I couldn't clean out my whole account today, because I have some auto-pay bills tied to my POS account. But, I did have the satisfaction of withdrawing $50K and depositing it in my new bank.

I'm sure POS Bank won't care. Based on public records, the CEO of POS Bank makes $73,000 a day (based on 260 work days per year). ** My money is pocket change to him.

The customer service employee who helped me with the withdrawal was very nice. I found out she was with BBVA Compass Bank before POS bought them out. I asked her if she's had to do this often since the buyout. She said she stopped counting after the first few weeks.

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 3.02.16 PM.jpg

CD

Yes, in the US you can be bald and butt ugly, and still be "fit." It is about physical condition, not physical appearance.

CD

Its odd but I always assumed that using 'fit' to mean sexy/attractive was an imported US term. Transpires its of West Indian origin: Who, what, why: When did 'fit' start to mean attractive?

Sorry - I'm off topic.

Back on topic, my plans for today not achieved. I had an idea I'd make a crab dish with capers (for the current challenge). Somehow I didn't make it. I thought it was too simple and not challenge worthy and needed more thought. Either it gets made tomorrow or the fresh crab will have to go into the freezer.

My big plans for yesterday was to see the spine doctor about my aging (and abused) lower back. He's sending me for an MRI, and then he can plan my therapy. Like me, he sees back surgery as a last resort. :okay:

Later in the day, it was very nice outside, so I did some light yard work in the backyard. I also ordered a couple of nice, wrought iron No Trespassing sign for my gate and back fence. I will send a photo of those signs in place to the HOA and inform them that the next time they enter my fenced in and gated backyard without my permission, someone is getting arrested. :ninja:

CD

Hoa? Home owners assc?
You answer to other people?

Russ

Yeah, Home Owners Association. Hard to avoid here. Like certain banks, they seem to think that what is yours is actually theirs.

CD

I cant imagine you would " comply" to other people?
From what I've seen they can be dictatorial and officish people?

I know I would never comply to others. What I own is mine, noone will tell me what to do, but in saying that I do try to " fit in "

Russ

I cant imagine you would " comply" to other people?
From what I've seen they can be dictatorial and officish people?

I know I would never comply to others. What I own is mine, noone will tell me what to do, but in saying that I do try to " fit in "

Russ

It is a matter of being sensible and reasonable. I wouldn't want a neighbor to park a car on cinder blocks in their front yard, but a neat stack of bricks behind my garage, completely hidden by a fence is none of their business.

This is what the back of my property looks like from the street behind me. The bricks were visible for about four hours on the day the fence in my backyard was being replaced.

IMG_2360.JPG

What an eyesore, right?

CD

Last edited:
It is a matter of being sensible and reasonable. I wouldn't want a neighbor to park a car on cinder blocks in their front yard, but a neat stack of bricks behind my garage, completely hidden by a fence is none of their business.

This is what the back of my property looks like from the street behind me.

View attachment 100407

What an eyesore, right?

CD

Ok, gotcha. I only have 1 neighbour and hes renting. I know the owner. Hes been there 8? Years. We have never complained. Although my wife mentioned to him over the fence one day that a tree was way over our side. He trimmed next weekend. Out back is a reserve with swings slides etc.
Maybe? I bought this place due to lack of neighbours?
I fit in here I think? All the road drains end at my front verge/ berm and when it floods I'm the guy clearing the drain so roads are open.

Russ

The window peeps are coming in a minute to hopefully fix the patio door today, which doesn‘t slide anymore and weighs a ton.

I also want to clear out my utility today but am frightened to set off a tsunami of baking tins and tupperware that’s threatens to break a wave when you touch one of the carefully (ahem) arranged pieces of jenga kitchenalia 😆

I’m going to drink tea until motivation finds me, safety first 😜

I also want to clear out my utility today but am frightened to set off a tsunami of baking tins and tupperware that’s threatens to break a wave when you touch one of the carefully (ahem) arranged pieces of jenga kitchenalia 😆

I’m going to drink tea until motivation finds me, safety first 😜
I have a mud room like that. I moved everything we hadn't used in over a year into it including china and allsorts. The idea was that if we needed it, it would be returned to the kitchen. The reality is that nothing has been whatsoever, so maybe I need to repeat the exercise with a shorter time frame? Problem is that the cabinets in the mud room offer the same threat and I don't drink tea...

Back
Top Bottom