Plans for today (2023)

I planted the rosemary that I finally found. It's a good size plant, too. That's really all I had planned for today.

CD

So the chocolate tasting was really interesting, because we got to taste pure, unadulterated Chuao chocolate (prized as the best in the world) and chocolates from the Amazon region. I had no idea they even existed. The chocolate is naturally sweet; even the 83% cacao bar tasted sweet.
Paired with beer? Well they made an effort, but I sincerely believe chocolate doesn't "pair" well with beer. We tried 4 different ales, and in all but one of the cases, the chocolate and the ales cancelled each other out.
I took some little samples of Indian street food for the owners to try, and we're going to do an event some time in June. I also took along some chutneys and hot pickles.

vadas.jpg Pakoras 6.jpg Samosas.jpg Bhatura 2.jpg Chole.jpg

So the chocolate tasting was really interesting, because we got to taste pure, unadulterated Chuao chocolate (prized as the best in the world) and chocolates from the Amazon region. I had no idea they even existed. The chocolate is naturally sweet; even the 83% cacao bar tasted sweet.
Paired with beer? Well they made an effort, but I sincerely believe chocolate doesn't "pair" well with beer. We tried 4 different ales, and in all but one of the cases, the chocolate and the ales cancelled each other out.
I took some little samples of Indian street food for the owners to try, and we're going to do an event some time in June. I also took along some chutneys and hot pickles.

View attachment 100571 View attachment 100572 View attachment 100573 View attachment 100574 View attachment 100575

Back in the day, favorite "pairing" of mine was beer and Chips Ahoy cookies.

CD

My plan was to leave the house in an above average state of organisation, get the flight to Malaga, pay airport parking for another year of bike storage and airport ferrying, ride an hour through the mountains and chill out next to the sea. So far so good.

Only one minor glitch and this has annoyed me a tad, airport security binned my corkscrew! I assumed the blade was the problem and said but it's well under six centimetres? They replied its this bit pointing at the 4cm spiral. So I can take a blade but not the inoffensive corkscrew. Wasn't even the sharp type. Security said I know it's ridiculous but thats it.

However now Bristol Airport will offer to keep precious items for one week so you can get them back which is new and rather good of them.

Anyone got any opinions on corkscrews?

Only one minor glitch and this has annoyed me a tad, airport security binned my corkscrew! I assumed the blade was the problem and said but it's well under six centimetres? They replied its this bit pointing at the 4cm spiral. So I can take a blade but not the inoffensive corkscrew. Wasn't even the sharp type. Security said I know it's ridiculous but thats it.

Have you seen what John Wick can do with one. :eek:

CD

Not seen any of those films but suspect he could do worse with the 6cm blade he's allowed to take on board or the knitting needles 😮

But I believe in America you can take a corkscrew on a plane?

A lot depends on who is working the TSA screening station at the time you go through. They all seem to have read different versions of the rules. I would't even try to bring a corkscrew through TSA. They might let it go, or they might take it away.

CD

Only one minor glitch and this has annoyed me a tad, airport security binned my corkscrew!
Back in 2009 (I think), Security at Heathrow took my hard sauce.

“Sorry, it’s a liquid.”
“No, it’s not. It’s right in the name - hard sauce. It’s as hard as a candle!”
“Hard sauce - it’s a liquid.”

I still suspect she dug it back out of the trash and took it home.

Back in 2009 (I think), Security at Heathrow took my hard sauce.

“Sorry, it’s a liquid.”
“No, it’s not. It’s right in the name - hard sauce. It’s as hard as a candle!”
“Hard sauce - it’s a liquid.”

I still suspect she dug it back out of the trash and took it home.
Marmite is most confiscated food item in the UK. Apparently if it's still sealed it goes to charity.

But yer they count some solids that become liquid when warmed as liquids.

I look forward to next year when the 1st June deadline arrives for scrapping 100ml liquid limits and you no longer have to remove liquids laptops etc from your bags. Already started in London but Bristol are taking their sweet time!

My plan was to leave the house in an above average state of organisation, get the flight to Malaga, pay airport parking for another year of bike storage and airport ferrying, ride an hour through the mountains and chill out next to the sea. So far so good.

However now Bristol Airport will offer to keep precious items for one week so you can get them back which is new and rather good of them.

Last time I flew my wife gave me a power pack for my phone. Confiscated at departure.

Russ

Last time I flew my wife gave me a power pack for my phone. Confiscated at departure.

Russ

Wow, that shouldn't have happened. There is a proper way they need to be packed to avoid shorting out and causing a fire, but I take L-ion batteries on the plane all the time for my cameras. In the US, L-ion batteries can not go in checked bags -- they don't want them in the cargo hold. They must be in carry-on bags.

CD

Back
Top Bottom