Plans for today (2023)

How long are you staying for?
Assuming everything back in Blighty stays sorted then one month but I won't count my chickens!

I want to ride out to that spaghetti western film set. I know its a bit of a tourist trap but I'm not an 'off the beaten track' snob about these things, IMO tourist attractions usually become tourist attractions because there's something worth looking at.

Poblado del Oeste en el desierto de tabernas | Oasys

It's a very pleasant hour and a half ride from here and some great films were shot there.

Blimey I've only just noticed the time difference between here and there, good morning!
Good afternoon!

IMG_4543.jpeg

I’ll just dub this time of day, for this forum anyway, as morningnoon! :laugh: ☕🍻

Found it.

View attachment 100624

The view from our room for the next few days. We may have already used the hotel spa.
Beautiful!

I’ve been to Wales twice; once with MrsT (Betws-y-Coed) and once in an all-day hike through Brecon Beacons park. Such a lovely place and I thought, “I could easily live here.”

Enjoy! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1. Separate rib slab into 2-bone pieces.
823E6E16-27B5-40E5-AC6B-3353A6A0636A.jpeg

2. Paint with yellow mustard, then coat with dry rub.
26D06C03-C45D-463F-97D7-0ED7EBD5EFFD.jpeg

C6B00E4B-4D6C-4F49-BA43-906803E0195F.jpeg

Step 4 much later. I’m smoking pork ribs today. I’m using what’s called the 3-2-1 rule: 3 hours smoking the ribs; 2 hours smoking the ribs wrapped in foil with brown sugar and other things; 1 hour to add sauce and finish cooking them.

1. Separate rib slab into 2-bone pieces.View attachment 100626

2. Paint with yellow mustard, then coat with dry rub.View attachment 100627

3. View attachment 100625

Step 4 much later. I’m smoking pork ribs today. I’m using what’s called the 3-2-1 rule: 3 hours smoking the ribs; 2 hours smoking the ribs wrapped in foil with brown sugar and other things; 1 hour to add sauce and finish cooking them.

Cut up like that, you may need to adjust your time a bit, but the 3-2-1 ratio still works. I've used it several times, and always have to be flexible on the time depending on the meatiness of the ribs.

CD

I just had a flash back to childhood, hearing my mom's voice correcting you with, "For how long will you be staying?"

CD
That dangling preposition is a proud hallmark of the true Midwesterner - it’s one of the ways we work out who’s not from here (other than asking, “Where’re you from? :laugh: ).

I used to work with a woman who’d get on me for that all the time, usually because I’d ask something like, “Where’s that at?”

I found her the perfect birthday card one year, and even though I don’t generally give birthday cards, I had to get it for her.

It showed two people on the front, in an office no less, with a word bubble over one who was asking, “Where’s the tape at?” and the other one responding with, “You should never end a sentence with a preposition.”

Open the card, and first person rephrased the question: “Where’s the tape at, b**ch?”

:laugh:

That dangling preposition is a proud hallmark of the true Midwesterner - it’s one of the ways we work out who’s not from here (other than asking, “Where’re you from? :laugh: ).

I used to work with a woman who’d get on me for that all the time, usually because I’d ask something like, “Where’s that at?”

I found her the perfect birthday card one year, and even though I don’t generally give birthday cards, I had to get it for her.

It showed two people on the front, in an office no less, with a word bubble over one who was asking, “Where’s the tape at?” and the other one responding with, “You should never end a sentence with a preposition.”

Open the card, and first person rephrased the question: “Where’s the tape at, b**ch?”

:laugh:

We call them grammar nazi's

View: https://youtu.be/qmVnr7rsWrE

Back
Top Bottom