Plans for today (2023)

Cut up like that, you may need to adjust your time a bit, but the 3-2-1 ratio still works. I've used it several times, and always have to be flexible on the time depending on the meatiness of the ribs.

CD

You’re right. It cooked faster than I expected. It was more like 2.5-1.75-.75, but 3-2-1 has a better ring to it.

I always cut ribs in 2-bone sections, because I usually cook them in a pressure cooker, then finish under the broiler. Like everything else I do, it’s a rush to get this going while I’m in the middle of 5 other things. Every weekday dinner I make is done while I’m still working, often in the middle of a meeting.

This was the exact opposite. It was really nice being forced to take my time, feeding the wood chips, stoking the coals, enjoying the weather. Plus, everyone loved the results. Something I’m going to have to do more often.

Last edited:
Searching google maps last night for a nearby haberdashery revealed a hidden supermarket only one road back from the Carrefour that opens on a Sunday! In Spain.. opens.. on.. a.. Sunday! Can't believe it, apparently it opens on bank holidays too.
A bit of me's sad they aren't sticking with tradition but mostly WHOOP WHOOP.

Bonus it's only a ten minute walk from here so today plan I'll be checking that out and picking up some bits from an amazon locker - a couple of knives for my kitchen bag on the return journey and mung beans to grow some beansprouts 👍

Waiting for my rolling pin to arrive. The rolling pin at home is about 20 years old and a basic wooden one. In Spain I've been using a jam jar (most unsatisfying) so this incoming jobby with it's silicone bands you can stick on the end to dictate the width is a new fangled excitement 😁

In the box should also be the danish whisk and some xanthan gum so hopefully it'll be gluten free pizza for me today 💃

Guess where we went on the way back from Wales today.

20230602_131122.jpg
20230602_131240.jpg
20230602_132412.jpg

Wife has 3 choices for day out and lunch somewhere. All within an hr In different directions.
Trip is tomorrow, my shout.
Long weekend with Monday a public holiday so family dinner is Monday.
English meal.
Corned beef n carrots with cabbage and mash spud. Mustard sauce.
Dessert is apple crumble.

Russ

Plans after breakfast - going over to my mom’s house about 75 minutes away (I never think of it as my dad’s house, or their house, because he lived there only a couple of months before going into care) to dog-sit for a few hours, and to pop in and check on how my mom is getting settled in at the care facility.

Something easy for supper tonight.

I crawled out of bed around noon today. I ran to the store for a couple of things. Now I'm on the couch with my MacBook.

CD

Ugh…mowing the grass and the deck mount just broke. This is going to be expensive no matter how you look at it.

Back
Top Bottom