Plans for today (2023)

I'm still in shorts and singlet. But a good top on now and shoes. Off to the pub.

Russ
613+dVjqYoL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Plans today…up at 6:15AM, coffee, and with MrsT out, it’s been an extremely quiet, uneventful morning - just how I like it.

Cold cereal for breakfast since I ate breakfast out yesterday, then a little light cleaning, then in town to go mower shopping. I expect to be $2,000-$3,000 poorer come this time tomorrow.

Also planning on making a no-nonsense chili (con carne) later today, clean out a back room and get that straightened, and then more 70’s horror/thriller movies tonight.

I just made some hand-dipped strawberries (dipped in dark chocolate) and I guess a little later I will run a few out to my MIL and FIL. In a bit I am going to clean the toilets. Oh joy oh joy.

Oh sweet Jesus, mower-buying is a pain right square in the 🍑!

Went to five places, seeing who had the best prices/deals. MrsT won’t pay cash if she can find 0% financing, so that was high on the list, along with price and product.

Eliminated three of the places immediately. Came down to Lowe’s ($2250, free financing for 6 months, delivered to house) versus Tractor Supply ($2100, free financing for 48 months, but I had to pick it up).

The catch…we already have a Lowe’s card, and to take advantage of Tractor Supply’s offer, I’d have to apply for their credit card, and we don’t want yet another credit card.

48 months was too enticing to MrsT, who approved the deal via long distance, once I verified I could borrow one of my brothers’ 12 truck-and-trailer combos among them, so the deal was struck.

Back to TSC. Applied for the card right at the register…except the store tech couldn’t figure out the process to save his life, and I ended up basically doing it for him: “ok, hit continue…now enter my phone number…now continue…now process…I’m approved.”

Went to pay for the mower, and I verified the 48 months 0% terms…the deciding factor in buying it there, he read the fine print, “Oh, that expired three weeks ago.”

“Well, you have the sign still out, can I get it anyway? It’s the only reason I’m buying the mower here.”

Off to find the manager.

“Sorry, no, we can’t change that in the store. Those terms are set by the finance company.”

“Ok, then I don’t want the mower, and as soon as I get the card in the mail, I’m cancelling it. The mower’s the only reason I got that.”

“Well…<tappity tappity>…we do have another financing event starting tomorrow, for Father’s Day…<tappity tappity tap>…24 months 0%, will that work?”

Still better than Lowe’s, so that’ll work.

“Ok, can I go ahead and buy the mower now, since I’m here?”

“No, I’m sorry. We can’t change that in-store. If you buy it now, you won’t get anything for it.”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Best I could get them to do was put my name on it and hold it, because they had only two left.

I’m fully expecting something else to go wrong before I get it. Card won’t work, they’ll have sold the mower anyway, terms won’t be applied, won’t be able to load the mower for some reason…something else is going to mess up before it’s done.

But there’s my day (and half the night) spoken for tomorrow - it’ll take me all day to go into town and pay for the mower, then to my brother’s to grab his truck and trailer, then all the way back to TSC to get the mower, then drop it at home, then back to my brother’s to give him his truck and trailer back, then back home myself.

Went to five places, seeing who had the best prices/deals. MrsT won’t pay cash if she can find 0% financing, so that was high on the list, along with price and product.

Eliminated three of the places immediately. Came down to Lowe’s ($2250, free financing for 6 months, delivered to house) versus Tractor Supply ($2100, free financing for 48 months, but I had to pick it up).

The catch…we already have a Lowe’s card, and to take advantage of Tractor Supply’s offer, I’d have to apply for their credit card, and we don’t want yet another credit card.

48 months was too enticing to MrsT, who approved the deal via long distance, once I verified I could borrow one of my brothers’ 12 truck-and-trailer combos among them, so the deal was struck.

Back to TSC. Applied for the card right at the register…except the store tech couldn’t figure out the process to save his life, and I ended up basically doing it for him: “ok, hit continue…now enter my phone number…now continue…now process…I’m approved.”

Went to pay for the mower, and I verified the 48 months 0% terms…the deciding factor in buying it there, he read the fine print, “Oh, that expired three weeks ago.”

“Well, you have the sign still out, can I get it anyway? It’s the only reason I’m buying the mower here.”

Off to find the manager.

“Sorry, no, we can’t change that in the store. Those terms are set by the finance company.”

“Ok, then I don’t want the mower, and as soon as I get the card in the mail, I’m cancelling it. The mower’s the only reason I got that.”

“Well…<tappity tappity>…we do have another financing event starting tomorrow, for Father’s Day…<tappity tappity tap>…24 months 0%, will that work?”

“No, I’m sorry. We can’t change that in-store. If you buy it now, you won’t get anything for it.”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Best I could get them to do was put my name on it and hold it, because they had only two left.

I’m fully expecting something else to go wrong before I get it. Card won’t work, they’ll have sold the mower anyway, terms won’t be applied, won’t be able to load the mower for some reason…something else is going to mess up before it’s done.

But there’s my day (and half the night) spoken for tomorrow - it’ll take me all day to go into town and pay for the mower, then to my brother’s to grab his truck and trailer, then all the way back to TSC to get the mower, then drop it at home, then back to my brother’s to give him his truck and trailer back, then back home myself.
That sucks. Sorry to hear (read) it.

Off to find the manager.

🤦🏻‍♂️

But... what did you get? It's part of the Man Card contract. You have to tell us what kind of mower you got. :ohmy: You are already on shaky ground with some of your apparel choices.

CD

But... what did you get? It's part of the Man Card contract. You have to tell us what kind of mower you got. :ohmy: You are already on shaky ground with some of your apparel choices.

CD
Nothing special, but I’m not saying diddly until I have it, because I expect the universe to 💩 on me one way or another before it’s over with.

Back
Top Bottom