Plans for today (2023)

Me and the boys will be waitin' to see it out in the alley.

View attachment 101423

CD
Well, Iā€™m at TSC trying to give them $2100, and like I predicted, it ainā€™t happeninā€™.

To recap, yesterday they were advertising 48 months 0% financing when using their card. Got their card (PITA in itself), tried to buy the mower, found out that that deal had expired three weeks ago, they just never put the sign away.

Good news, though, as today starts 24 months 0% financing, so I came back this morningā€¦had to wait 20 minutes for the manager (thereā€™s only two people working on a Sunday morning), she rang me upā€¦and it came up 12 months 0%, so she called their financing departmentā€¦and theyā€™re closed on Sundays.

Trying again tomorrow, which is a bank/federal holiday here, but she thinks theyā€™ll be openā€¦

Well, Iā€™m at TSC trying to give them $2100, and like I predicted, it ainā€™t happeninā€™.

To recap, yesterday they were advertising 48 months 0% financing when using their card. Got their card (PITA in itself), tried to buy the mower, found out that that deal had expired three weeks ago, they just never put the sign away.

Good news, though, as today starts 24 months 0% financing, so I came back this morningā€¦had to wait 20 minutes for the manager (thereā€™s only two people working on a Sunday morning), she rang me upā€¦and it came up 12 months 0%, so she called their financing departmentā€¦and theyā€™re closed on Sundays.

Trying again tomorrow, which is a bank/federal holiday here, but she thinks theyā€™ll be openā€¦
She might be thinking wrong. The stock market, banks, post office, etc. all closed. I hope that's not the case though. What a PITA.

Cooking lunch for my mom, it's her 89th Birthday today. I'm making her favorite of mine, shrimp and pasta. My sister is picking up some cupcakes and ice cream -- mom's request.

My dad's 91st Birthday is on Tuesday. We'll bring a cake over for him and the people at the Memory Care facility.

CD

Last edited:
Too bad Tasty doesn't know anyone who works for a bank. They would know. :wink:

CD
I was the one who told her tomorrow is a holiday. She didnā€™t know (relatively new holiday). :laugh:

Iā€™m 50% mad at TSC and 50% mad at MrsT for not paying cash and being done with it, but she keeps saying, ā€œNo! 0% financing is a free loan! Donā€™t give ā€˜em cash! Use their money!ā€ šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

The young woman complimented me on my unusually cheerful demeanor through all this, and I said, ā€œIā€™m used to Life crapping all over me, and Iā€™ve come to expect it, and even sort of look forward to it.ā€

Hey, maybe Iā€™m Norwegian!*

*Reference to another topic about Norwegians and their embrace of misery.

Iā€™m 50% mad at TSC and 50% mad at MrsT for not paying cash and being done with it, but she keeps saying, ā€œNo! 0% financing is a free loan! Donā€™t give ā€˜em cash! Use their money!ā€ šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I've done that from time to time, but I'm not obsessive about it. I usually pay it off early, because I hate owing money.

About five years ago, I had a terrible time trying to give the Apple Store $3,000 for a new Mac. I finally went home, and ordered one from B&H Photo in NYC, and got free overnight shipping.

CD

I've done that from time to time, but I'm not obsessive about it. I usually pay it off early, because I hate owing money.
Iā€™ve texted my tale of woe to MrsT, but theyā€™re out in international waters, I think, because sheā€™s unreachable. I hoping she reads it and says, ā€œJFC, just go pay cash!ā€

0% finance is worth something until you work out your time in money to get it.

I prize my time. The contract starts and finishes the date I pay to the day the guarantee finishes. The actual time spent on it starts as soon as the research starts.
Thatā€™s where John Lewis wins. They do the research and they honour the refunds.

Well worth my time.

The catchā€¦we already have a Loweā€™s card, and to take advantage of Tractor Supplyā€™s offer, Iā€™d have to apply for their credit card, and we donā€™t want yet another credit card.
Easy,mate.
Get the credit card, then cancel it a month later. no questions asked.
I did the same a few years ago. Think of it as "cocking a snook" (now there's a wonderful English phrase for you) at the Credit Card companies.

I just made some hand-dipped strawberries (dipped in dark chocolate) and I guess a little later I will run a few out to my MIL and FIL. In a bit I am going to clean the toilets. Oh joy oh joy.

When we first moved in together in 75 my second job at night was commercial cleaning. I cleaned 1000s of toilets. Proud of saying it as it help build my life. Wife does them now.
BUT I do washing and drying clothes.
And the dishwasher.(was Bosch now Chinese)

Russ

Back
Top Bottom