Plans for today (2023)

Plans:
Make airlines reservations to Honolulu (aka HOME!!!)
Do more research on the restaurant scene in Honolulu
Check out all of our favorite dining haunts to see if they are offering dine-in service
I really don't want to do this because I know that I will pop a cork, but look at grocery prices and re-new my Loyalty Cards with the local markets
Again, afraid to look but, see what the going rate for fish is in Honolulu
(ssshhhhh, don't tell DH, but I already reserved a rental car ... I knew that he'd cave in and we'd be going :wink:)
The condo that we always stay at is already taken care of

So pretty much that's it!
hawaii is calling and I must go.jpg

Plans include
  • ringing my sister in 10 minutes time. I gather she's excited about us visiting in October.
  • Driving to doctors 60 minutes away for blood tests
  • Collecting medication from pharmacy next to doctors
  • Dropping eggs off at the food bank around the corner from the doctors
  • Buying more chook feed (not far from doctors)
  • Posting my waterproof top back to manufacturer for an estimate on repairs
  • Driving home again
  • Getting at least 2 loads of washing done, hung on the line etc
  • Lunch
  • Making evening meal
  • Nebulising this evening
I think that's today's list.

Edit, nope it isn't
  • Reset all appliances after 6 power pages yesterday
  • Resynch lights I use for knitting. I have a remote control with 3 bulbs all on the same switch but sometimes when we have power outages, they loose the on off switch and I have to reprogram them by putting them back into 1 switch which is painful at best, and fantastic when it works...

Last day of my blood check training (for my Lupus anticoagulans/blood clotting disorder) . That means that after today I will be able to measure my medicine levels on my own, saving me a visit to the nurse every week. If all goes well for 3 months I get a certifcate.

I had a certificate before in another town so I'm sure I'll be fine. It's just required to re-take the training when you've moved to another place.

I'm glad for it to be over because the training is with only people above 70 who are in bad shape and sitting with them for an hour is always a health risk. And it's annoying to have to just sit there for no purpose because most of the training is 'how do I switch my appliance on' related, and well... I'm a millenial.. :laugh:

Last day of my blood check training (for my Lupus anticoagulans/blood clotting disorder) . That means that after today I will be able to measure my medicine levels on my own, saving me a visit to the nurse every week. If all goes well for 3 months I get a certifcate.

I had a certificate before in another town so I'm sure I'll be fine. It's just required to re-take the training when you've moved to another place.

I'm glad for it to be over because the training is with only people above 70 who are in bad shape and sitting with them for an hour is always a health risk. And it's annoying to have to just sit there for no purpose because most of the training is 'how do I switch my appliance on' related, and well... I'm a millenial.. :laugh:
I feel for you.

I've now got to have an injection once every 6 months. I was told I needed to see the nurse at the doctors to get it done. The nurse just looked at me and said why aren't you doing it yourself? I know you can inject clexane and this is exactly the same. It is exactly the same, so I know have an agreement that I'll do it myself!

I've also been so very fortunate with my spinal neurostimulator because the engineers know I am/was an IT engineer and the questions I've asked have made it clear that I know what I'm doing. The result is that they don't need to be around for me to have surgery or an MRI because they know I'm more than capable of doing the changes needed myself and I understand what these changes are doing and why (it will kill the device permanently if it isn't done both before and after surgery or an MRI.) They are also happy for me to change the programming as well. Everyone else gets to have it done for them. It makes life so much easier.
And if I need a question answering I can just send a quick text message to them and ask...

I’ve got to go into town to get a few things at lunch, so I think I’m going to go on egg patrol and report the egg situation at ALDI, Kroger, and Walmart. That’s the plan, anyway.

Well, tried and tested. The nurse said I had good technique to draw my own blood and I've got my device. Now running for a trial 3 months and once that's done I'll get my certificate from here. Which I was told yesterday wasn't needed because I could just have shown my old certificate.. Excuse me? I told their employees three times that I had one, and everyone said I still needed to do this training. So now my nurse will 'discuss this internally' but for me nothing changes. Bureaucrazy :rolleyes:

Today I'm resting up a little from yesterday, and so I hopefully can go to the market AND physio therapy tomorrow.

We were supposed to be celebrating my husband’s birthday with family today, but my brother came down with covid so that’s been postponed.

Instead, I went to physio this morning, and now have a whole day to do whatever I want. Husband’s playing his video games, and I’ve got a big mug of tea, my cross-stitch, podcasts, and two kitties sleeping beside me. Nice quiet afternoon.

We were supposed to be celebrating my husband’s birthday with family today, but my brother came down with covid so that’s been postponed.

Instead, I went to physio this morning, and now have a whole day to do whatever I want. Husband’s playing his video games, and I’ve got a big mug of tea, my cross-stitch, podcasts, and two kitties sleeping beside me. Nice quiet afternoon.
Hope your brother gets well soon!

Sunday morning here. Wifes got work this arvo until late so I txt kids either come and we all have takeaways or stay home?? I'm not cooking. They will prolly choose fish n chips here. Someone will shout mine?? Lazy arvo gambling. I'm still betting with tab money as I got a big trifecta last year .

Russ

Back
Top Bottom