Toulon/Provence (La Seyne)
Genoa
Florence/Pisa (Livorno)
Kotor
Corfu
Sicily (Messina)
Naples (Capri & Pompeii)
Rome (Civitavecchia)

We’re doing a wine tasting and foot tour at Toulon/Provence, a pasta/pesto/focaccia lunch and foot tour at Genoa (Rapallo), MrsT is going to Florence & Pisa without me, and we’re going to do a small-group foot tour, scenic drive, and lunch in Kotor (not through the ship).

Corfu is another foot tour and wine tasting, then Sicily is climbing up around some ruins (Taormina), and Naples is an all-day trip to Pompeii & Sorrento, which MrsT will also do on her own.

Once the tour ends in Rome, we’re staying on a couple of days and she’s got a private day tour booked with some guy she’s worked with before (she’s used him for some of her clients).

On days where I’m choosing to stay on the ship, I’ll probably make a constant triangular trek between the on-board British pub, the pizza shack, and the afternoon tea area. :okay:

Ok, the cruise starts in Barcelona, and stops in:

Genoa
Florence/Pisa (Livorno)
Kotor
Corfu
Sicily (Messina)
Naples (Capri & Pompeii)
Rome (Civitavecchia)

We’re doing a wine tasting and foot tour at Toulon/Provence, a pasta/pesto/focaccia lunch and foot tour at Genoa (Rapallo), MrsT is going to Florence & Pisa without me, and we’re going to do a small-group foot tour, scenic drive, and lunch in Kotor (not through the ship).

Corfu is another foot tour and wine tasting, then Sicily is climbing up around some ruins (Taormina), and Naples is an all-day trip to Pompeii & Sorrento, which MrsT will also do on her own.

Once the tour ends in Rome, we’re staying on a couple of days and she’s got a private day tour booked with some guy she’s worked with before (she’s used him for some of her clients).

On days where I’m choosing to stay on the ship, I’ll probably make a constant triangular trek between the on-board British pub, the pizza shack, and the afternoon tea area. :okay:

You have to find a little pizzeria in Napoli -- look for one full of locals.

CD

Ok, the cruise starts in Barcelona, and stops in:

Genoa
Florence/Pisa (Livorno)
Kotor
Corfu
Sicily (Messina)
Naples (Capri & Pompeii)
Rome (Civitavecchia)

That sounds wonderful 😀 Can't believe you're not going to visit Florence and Pompei tho (unless you've been there before?).

I can really recommend the vintage Fiat 500 tour in Rome...great fun 😀

That sounds wonderful 😀 Can't believe you're not going to visit Florence and Pompei tho (unless you've been there before?).

No, I’ve not been to Pompeii, but all the tours are very long, much of it getting bussed there and back, because of the distance, and it’ll be a grueling day.

Considering that’s the last full day of the cruise, I want to take it easy. I get a lot of anxiety around transfer days, so even if I went, I’d ruin the day for MrsT, and probably for anyone sitting near us, because I’d be sweating about getting back in time the moment we left the ship.

That’s why I’m also skipping the Florence/Pisa day, because it’s another all-day thing, and even though it’s midway through the cruise, I really need relaxation days built in. MrsT is go, go, go and I’m more no, no, no! :laugh:

Thanks for the recommendation - I think our Rome time has been set, but I’d really enjoy that.

MrsT has a private tour guide she works with in Rome, and she’s sent him a fair amount of business over the years. She’ll actually be meeting him in person later this month, because she has a work conference/cruise she’s going on (Caribbean), and he’s coming over for that (to schmooze the travel agents).

He told her last month, when she first asked about booking him for our own tour, that he’d make it the Super-Deluxe-Friends-and-Family-Extra-Special-Not-the-Usual tour, because she’s booked him a lot for other people.

In about two hours time I will be flying over my house taking photos. Night flying with my pilot mate.
It was a very trendy thing around here in the 1950’s, right into the 1970’s, to have a pilot fly over your house, farm, or business and take some photos. Those would then get framed and displayed prominently and proudly.

My grandparents had it done, and if you go into a local restaurant or shop, if it’s been around long enough, they probably have a photo up in some dusty corner somewhere.

Hopefully, you’ll post your results here!

Now they use drones to take aerial photos of your home to post online when you go to sell your home.
There was an annoying trend here when photographic drones first started of people taking photos of everyones house and going door to door flogging them.

Anyway, tonight's jaunt in the photos thread.

I'm currently watching my neighbour across the road from me. A digger and 4 guys are digging up his front lawn.drain guys. They started yesterday and 3hrs today so far.
This is costing someone some serious dosh.
Nice and cool today. 18 deg c
Some respite from the heat.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom