Plans for today (2023)

Great morning - except the car broke down.
Anyway... taught the group how to make Pakoras. Three different types, different veggies, different spicing.
Then we did Samosa filling. Simple. Potato, peas, onion, ginger, turmeric, fenugreek and a touch of cayenne.
Then some Butter Chicken. They all went through the different stages of making the sauce.
Aloo Ghobi. Different sauce base (touch of tomato passata) and a touch of cream.
Had to leave the Goan Fish Curry base BUT, I left them the recipe.
Great group, great fun- I'd do it again!
View attachment 104625

All that in one morning! I'm very impressed.

That's tough.

Hope the trip to the zoo is at least a bit of fun.
Thanks - we’re back. I have mixed feelings about zoos. I took a few pics at the beginning, but after a bit, my heart kind of went out of it, so I just wandered around.

Sunday here and we just had lunch in ashburton aka ashvegas lol. Hours drive south. Couple of shops my wife wants to "see" yeah right.
We are stopping at a plant place closer to home to get her supplies.
Feel like a chauffeur?.
My car coz it's a wagon/estste

Russ

All that in one morning! I'm very impressed.lped
I'm definitely NOT a pro chef, but I'm not just a home cook, either. When I started the Chutney company in 2005, it was just me in the kitchen, hacking away with a knife.
Once things really got going, I'd made a few "Real Chef" friends and they helped me out, guided me, took the p*** something rotten, but eventually decided that I did know my onions from my echalotes.
When you've got a kitchen brigade working with you, you can do DOUBLE that amount in a morning. Thursday, however, also involved teaching them which spices to use, which ones NOT to use, how to vary quantities, etc., so it wasn't all cooking in the morning.

When you've got a kitchen brigade working with you, you can do DOUBLE that amount in a morning. Thursday, however, also involved teaching them which spices to use, which ones NOT to use, how to vary quantities, etc., so it wasn't all cooking in the morning.

Did you have a brigade to help? I didn't think so. If it wasn't all cooking then the amount of dishes you turned out is even more impressive.

Did you have a brigade to help? I didn't think so.
The brigade does what you tell them to do, but you have to explain it carefully, otherwise they'll cut all the onions the same way: in the dishes we prepared, I wanted some in chunks, some finely diced and some julienned. Then I had to explain each dish and what spices to add, when to add them, etc. THEN you have to make sure there's enough seasoning and ensure they understand the flavour profiles.
For some reason, they wanted to add cumin to everything, so I decided that at least ONE of the dishes wouldn't have any at all :laugh: :laugh:
Then you have to watch them like a hawk because they seem to think that everything needs to be sauteed at 1000C... but it was great fun.

Yeah. Captive wild animals... its all very well for conservation purposes but otherwise can be problematic.

Some zoos do a better job of making the animal enclosure seem very natural. The San Diego zoo is famous for this.

CD

Today being second Wednesday its granddaughter lunch today.
Isla big Mac and fries
Portia her friend mcchicken and fries
Associate friends 4 x chips
Eli is here with a sore throat that got better the minute our daughter drove to work. Hes having big Mac and fries.
Daughter has used up her sick pay for this year so she knows I'm a soft touch.

Russ

My big to-do item was to remove the safety seal from a bottle of Agave Nectar. Almost done. I just need a few more tools. :facepalm:

1694995820426.jpeg

CD

Planted pile of seeds. Just watered everything. 22 deg c here. Prepping lamb chops for dinner. Making a curry with leftover chops. For tomorrow.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom