Plans for today (2024)

Sounds fun. I’ll be right over.
Just to give you an idea:

Waitress carrying food orders: Ok, who’s got the sausage?
Four guys at the high top: Well, we all do, honey!
Waitress: If it’s flat like this patty, I feel bad for your wives.

Definitely a Saturday night meets Sunday morning experience.

:laugh:

Just to give you an idea:

Waitress carrying food orders: Ok, who’s got the sausage?
Four guys at the high top: Well, we all do, honey!
Waitress: If it’s flat like this patty, I feel bad for your wives.

Definitely a Saturday night meets Sunday morning experience.

Lol. She sounds well capable of taking care
of herself…

Lol. She sounds well capable of taking care
of herself…
Oh yeah, definitely. All the waitresses are sweet as sugar one minute and hard as nails the next, including the woman who runs the place.

The first time I ever went there, it was on a Saturday, sort of a late lunch, and I sat at the bar, ordered my usual in a new place; chili, fries, and a beer.

They figured me as new, so the women waiting on me were polite enough. After I’d finished my food, though, I got up to use the bathroom, and when I was coming back out, I heard the bartender (the woman who runs the place) talking to a customer, and what I caught was, “…and I told that <bleeper> he could kiss my <bleeping> <bleep> and he better straighten his <bleeping> <bleep> right the <bleep> up right now or he’d be out on the <bleeper-bleeping> street!” - not a direct quote, but pretty close. I probably left a few bleeps out. :laugh:

Anyway, she saw me coming and she quieted down really quickly as I walked down the bar and made my way back to my stool.

She came over a minute later and said, “I oughta apologize for that, that’s the first time I ever said those words. I don’t know what came over me!” :laugh:

I noticed a sign over the bar this morning that said:

“I’m not a b**ch
Oh wait, yes I am
F*** You!”

Oh yeah, definitely. All the waitresses are sweet as sugar one minute and hard as nails the next, including the woman who runs the place.

The first time I ever went there, it was on a Saturday, sort of a late lunch, and I sat at the bar, ordered my usual in a new place; chili, fries, and a beer.

They figured me as new, so the women waiting on me were polite enough. After I’d finished my food, though, I got up to use the bathroom, and when I was coming back out, I heard the bartender (the woman who runs the place) talking to a customer, and what I caught was, “…and I told that <bleeper> he could kiss my <bleeping> <bleep> and he better straighten his <bleeping> <bleep> right the <bleep> up right now or he’d be out on the <bleeper-bleeping> street!” - not a direct quote, but pretty close. I probably left a few bleeps out. :laugh:

Anyway, she saw me coming and she quieted down really quickly as I walked down the bar and made my way back to my stool.

She came over a minute later and said, “I oughta apologize for that, that’s the first time I ever said those words. I don’t know what came over me!” :laugh:

I noticed a sign over the bar this morning that said:

“I’m not a b**ch
Oh wait, yes I am
F*** You!”

My plans for today now include 5kg of fresh figs.

20240304_125723.jpg

20240304_132029.jpg
20240304_132033.jpg

They also include denying all knowledge of ripe raspberries! I may have it may not have eaten twice the quantity that made it into the house.
20240304_121943.jpg

Just been to a two hour lecture by Professor Brian Cox, I have been learning about Penrose Projection Diagrams, solutions to the black hole data paradox, and he even touched on the quantum information theories that may be the fundemental reality that leads to the generation of space-time and the Universe we see. Inspiring stuff.

Just topped up water in the battery of my solar fridge.
Cup of coffee now.
Then I want to fix my solar torch, brew a batch of beer, plant out lettuce, decide what to eat and cook

Tomorrow I need to pick raspberries and figs. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the figs, I still have 2-3kg of them from earlier in the week but if I don't pick them, the magpies learn that they can eat them on the trees and then there will be none to be had at all.

I also need to do some housework and gardening. I probably won't get any done though if it reaches the 30°C they're predicting.

Just been to a two hour lecture by Professor Brian Cox, I have been learning about Penrose Projection Diagrams, solutions to the black hole data paradox, and he even touched on the quantum information theories that may be the fundemental reality that leads to the generation of space-time and the Universe we see. Inspiring stuff.

oh...so that was what he was talking about :meh:

Back
Top Bottom