Plans for today (2024)

Down for the count again for most of today with another migraine. That’s now three in a row, one every Sunday (although the first one was more likely a hangover).

I really wish I could figure out how to get rid of them, or at least figure out the trigger so I could manage them better (they almost always occur on Sundays and I can’t for the life of me figure out why).

Not today but tomorrow as its 6.30 pm here.
Tomorrow hole in wall. Get money. Booze run. Bakery biscuits. Asian shop for state anise etc.
Het 2x $100 vouchers for my sons rugby club. I'm sponsoring a section.

Russ

Down for the count again for most of today with another migraine. That’s now three in a row, one every Sunday (although the first one was more likely a hangover).

I really wish I could figure out how to get rid of them, or at least figure out the trigger so I could manage them better (they almost always occur on Sundays and I can’t for the life of me figure out why).
I’m not trying to be funny, but football season is over…have you changed your usual Sunday routine somehow and now you’re doing something that you’ve not been doing the last 20 weeks or so, and that’s triggering them? Just an outside-the-box thought.

I hope you get them under control.

I'm lying in bed trying to take a nap. Our neighbors' (2 houses) dogs were having barking contest at 5:40 a.m. They are big dogs (3 of them are German Shepherds) so it's quite noisy when they get going. That went on for about 30 minutes. I drifted off for awhile after that, then the garbage trucks came through our neighborhood around 9. I shot off a few emails and drank some water, then found out the big recall project that was supposed to launch this morning has been delayed until possibly this afternoon so I took some benadryl to knock me out fir a nap--but my DH is clanging about in the kitchen so it's not working out well lol.

I’m not trying to be funny, but football season is over…have you changed your usual Sunday routine somehow and now you’re doing something that you’ve not been doing the last 20 weeks or so, and that’s triggering them? Just an outside-the-box thought.

I hope you get them under control.
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure out the trigger. Last year I had 3 in a row, same thing, every Sunday - but it was during football season (and I missed watching so many games because of them!)

So far we’ve ruled out alcohol (they happen both after I have and haven’t had a drink on Saturday night), caffeine withdrawl, cellphone use, and dehydration. I can’t for the life of me think of a food item I only have on Saturdays before a migraine. I’ve had my eyes checked. They don’t seem to be correlated to my cycle.

I tend to get them in clusters and this is the first time I’ve had them in a few months, so hopefully they are over with now for at least a few months more.

You might need to start recording exactly what you're doing and at what time, what you are eating and drinking and how much and when... and then try to spot the pattern...

You'll need to do this for Saturday at the minimum and up to the migraine occurring on the Sunday.

✅Made business telephone calls (doctors, etc.)
✅Vacuum sealed those 6 pounds of fresh Chow Fun Noodles and in the deep freeze
✅Unloaded and put everything away from our suitcase
✅Ran the Roomba in the Master suite
✅Cooked two batch meals and divvied it up so my Mom gets some too

PHEW!
It's "Wine Time"

I'm lying in bed trying to take a nap. Our neighbors' (2 houses) dogs were having barking contest at 5:40 a.m. They are big dogs (3 of them are German Shepherds) so it's quite noisy when they get going. That went on for about 30 minutes. I drifted off for awhile after that, then the garbage trucks came through our neighborhood around 9. I shot off a few emails and drank some water, then found out the big recall project that was supposed to launch this morning has been delayed until possibly this afternoon so I took some benadryl to knock me out fir a nap--but my DH is clanging about in the kitchen so it's not working out well lol.
So yesterday those darned dogs were at it for nearly an hour and I was trying to get some work done on the computer...I couldn't concentrate so I yelled out the back door for them to shut up, and the young obnoxious girl who lives at the house closest to me yelled out, "Hey, why don't YOU shut the f*** up!!!!" I shut the door and called the sheriff, who arrived there in minutes. The dogs stopped barking immediately after that and have been fairly quiet ever since.

So yesterday those darned dogs were at it for nearly an hour and I was trying to get some work done on the computer...I couldn't concentrate so I yelled out the back door for them to shut up, and the young obnoxious girl who lives at the house closest to me yelled out, "Hey, why don't YOU shut the f*** up!!!!" I shut the door and called the sheriff, who arrived there in minutes. The dogs stopped barking immediately after that and have been fairly quiet ever since.
Thats so rude! I'd be mortified if my dogs wouldn't stop barking to the extent they frustrated my neighbours into yelling.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure out the trigger. Last year I had 3 in a row, same thing, every Sunday - but it was during football season (and I missed watching so many games because of them!)

So far we’ve ruled out alcohol (they happen both after I have and haven’t had a drink on Saturday night), caffeine withdrawl, cellphone use, and dehydration. I can’t for the life of me think of a food item I only have on Saturdays before a migraine. I’ve had my eyes checked. They don’t seem to be correlated to my cycle.

I tend to get them in clusters and this is the first time I’ve had them in a few months, so hopefully they are over with now for at least a few months more.
Some migraines are triggered by an electrolyte inbalance.
It is possible (and likely) you are drinking more fluid at the weekends.
Not everyone holds onto the electrolytes they need when they increase their fluid intake suddenly.

In some countries (not the UK) if you went to A&E (ER) with a migraine you would immediately be put on IV electrolyte's.

Try keeping a fluid balance chart every day for a couple of weeks, if thats a bit much (it probably is) then just keep track of your daily fluid intake during the weekdays and seeing if it ups at the weekend.

Theres a trend for people thinking drinking lots of water flushes out toxins which in a way it does but it doesn't work when the fluid intake is upped just on the weekends and it doesn't work for people who don't hold onto electrolytes well, it instead has quite a detrimental effect.
Don't answer this on here, but do you find you pee more at the weekend? If so it's possible thats your body trying to maintain electrolyte balance (concentration) by getting rid of fluids.

An alternative that might be worth trying is adding electrolytes to whatever you're drinking.
This sort of thing thats neutral and can be added in drops to anything works well.

The Choice of Champions

Last edited:
I'm currently making tomato sauce. Tomato apples and onions boiling

Russ

17105450872241803776205629544591.jpg

Making sauce with last of the tomatoes. As above while watch and betting on horses.. 10 races $4 ezibet.. cost $40.
I'm in credit with the tab.
Sauce still has 1hr left.
Nice day here despite 4 deg c start. It really is autumnal/fall.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom