Plans for today (2024)

Bottles 4 1/2 1 litre bottles

Russ
20240316_143419.jpg

Scrubbing the kitchen chairs. Not enjoying it one bit cos they are much worse than they looked and my arm is about to drop off!

But it’ll be worth it in the end cos they’re one of the first things I bought when Mr SSOAP and I moved in together over 25 years ago and all the wobbly legs are going to get properly fixed buy a carpenter on Tuesday 👏

Very excited about that, they’ve been providing a sometimes scary seating experience for a few years now so Mr SSOAP wanted them gone but I love fixing things, I find it so satisfying.

Anyone else like getting stuff fixed? Or are you more a cut your loses person?!

Some migraines are triggered by an electrolyte inbalance.
It is possible (and likely) you are drinking more fluid at the weekends.
Not everyone holds onto the electrolytes they need when they increase their fluid intake suddenly.

In some countries (not the UK) if you went to A&E (ER) with a migraine you would immediately be put on IV electrolyte's.

Try keeping a fluid balance chart every day for a couple of weeks, if thats a bit much (it probably is) then just keep track of your daily fluid intake during the weekdays and seeing if it ups at the weekend.

Theres a trend for people thinking drinking lots of water flushes out toxins which in a way it does but it doesn't work when the fluid intake is upped just on the weekends and it doesn't work for people who don't hold onto electrolytes well, it instead has quite a detrimental effect.
Don't answer this on here, but do you find you pee more at the weekend? If so it's possible thats your body trying to maintain electrolyte balance (concentration) by getting rid of fluids.

An alternative that might be worth trying is adding electrolytes to whatever you're drinking.
This sort of thing thats neutral and can be added in drops to anything works well.

The Choice of Champions
This might be worth a try - I actually happen to have some electrolyte tablets on hand (my person trainer recommended them after I was having issues with dropping blood pressure during my workouts). I’m having a glass of water with electrolytes now, and hoping I’ll be ok tomorrow.

I tend to get them in clusters - I’ll sometimes have them a couple Sundays in a row, and then nothing for months (these last ones were the first time I’ve had them this year). Hopefully they’re over for a while now.

This might be worth a try - I actually happen to have some electrolyte tablets on hand (my person trainer recommended them after I was having issues with dropping blood pressure during my workouts). I’m having a glass of water with electrolytes now, and hoping I’ll be ok tomorrow.

I tend to get them in clusters - I’ll sometimes have them a couple Sundays in a row, and then nothing for months (these last ones were the first time I’ve had them this year). Hopefully they’re over for a while now.
Yep low blood pressure fits with it.
Along with being someone who seems to need to pee out a lot of what you’ve drunk in. You know the sort of people who find themselves saying “It goes straight through me” If that makes sense.

The key isn’t to deliberately drink more because there are electrolytes in it but to just make sure the fluids you normally have contain electrolytes.

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Last edited:
I had to go to the Farmer's Market to pick up some spices for a client; then fill up the car with petrol, then pick up 8 cases of jars to make jam/chutney/hot sauce/pickles, then buy some milk and, supposedly, clean up the kitchen/patio/dining room from the party last night. Right now my feet are a bit swollen from standing cooking for 2 days, so change of plans with the cleaning. I'm going to sit down with a beer and watch the 6 Nations Rugby!

Today is our version of ‘mother’s day’ so I made sure the place is nice and clean n tidy (and expect them to keep it that way for today) and lunch is booked at The Ox in Bristol.
They are one of the best steak places in Bristol that also do a Sunday lunch.
I’ve been looking for a Sunday lunch place for a while and not found anything that floats my boat (although I have a list of places to work through 😉) so fingers crossed this is good. Really I want a good pub with a roaring fire but it’s Paddy’s day so going to a pub isn’t on my to do list today 😂

Very, very happy to say that I do NOT have a migraine today! Yay!

Given that my head feels normal, we’re going to the mall (for the first time since the pandemic!) to pick up a few things we need. Then I’ll start my pepper seeds, and this evening we’re headed to my parents’ place to celebrate my brother’s birthday. Bro and SIL are unable to host this year - they had a bit of an incident with a sewage leak in their basement. It’s been fixed now but they’re still busy repainting so their furniture is all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom