Plans for today (2024)

Today I'm planning to make some Chettinad Garlic Pickle, some sweet chile jelly and perhaps, if I get time, some sundried tomatoes.

My plans today include

• picking more raspberries.
  • Probably finish off making this next batch of fig whatever I decide on. I'm out all day tomorrow, so it needs to be done today.
  • I've got a chook house to clean out.
  • I've got some knitting to plan
  • I've got some crochet to finish
  • I've got some sewing machine stuff to do.
  • I've got some data to recover from a hard drive
  • I've got evening break to make
  • I need to prepare for tomorrow. I'm out all day from 7:30am until 6pm.
  • I need to set the garlic growing
  • I need to do some washing and get it in the line
  • ... watch this space!

My plans today include

• picking more raspberries.
  • Probably finish off making this next batch of fig whatever I decide on. I'm out all day tomorrow, so it needs to be done today.
  • I've got a chook house to clean out.
  • I've got some knitting to plan
  • I've got some crochet to finish
  • I've got some sewing machine stuff to do.
  • I've got some data to recover from a hard drive
  • I've got evening break to make
  • I need to prepare for tomorrow. I'm out all day from 7:30am until 6pm.
  • I need to set the garlic growing
  • I need to do some washing and get it in the line
  • ... watch this space!
I'd probably be able to get ONE of those done, LOL. The raspberry picking sounds the most appealing.

I'd probably be able to get ONE of those done, LOL. The raspberry picking sounds the most appealing.
Just about to go and do the raspberries.

The knitting plans have been done. I'm colour coding the charts so that the alternate colour scheme is easier to follow. Plus I'm trying to finalise the colour order. Lots of graph paper and colouring in!.

The fig syrup is simmering down.

The chooks are going to have to wait until Sunday.

I still need to prepare for tomorrow. Long day ahead of me tomorrow.

I need to pick some winter greens when I do the raspberries so that we have some with our evening meal. Then I have to prepare said meal.

I've also got the shopping list to get done. Hubby is doing the shopping whilst I'm out all day, so I need to plan next week's food as well.

Just about to go and do the raspberries.

The knitting plans have been done. I'm colour coding the charts so that the alternate colour scheme is easier to follow. Plus I'm trying to finalise the colour order. Lots of graph paper and colouring in!.

The fig syrup is simmering down.

The chooks are going to have to wait until Sunday.

I still need to prepare for tomorrow. Long day ahead of me tomorrow.

I need to pick some winter greens when I do the raspberries so that we have some with our evening meal. Then I have to prepare said meal.

I've also got the shopping list to get done. Hubby is doing the shopping whilst I'm out all day, so I need to plan next week's food as well.
I'm looking for the faint enoji.

I'm looking for the faint enoji.
Sometimes I think having a full time job might just be easier! But I can't not do it on the days my body doesn't allow, whereas growing a lot of our own stuff means I can skip a day, or a morning, if my body says it needs it.

20240322_145425.jpg
20240322_151247.jpg
20240322_151304.jpg
20240322_145310.jpg

Raspberries, Swiss chard and midgen berries are picked.

And the fig syrup is bottled. Another 750ml for the winter porridge.

It's the first time I've had a harvest of midgen berries. I suspect they'll be served on breakfast.

Largish shopping delivery in a minute.
Then off to the chiropractor
Come back via the butchers, the pharmacy, Asda to pick up more jungle book plates, drop Easter eggs off for my friends girls and then over to my Dads to get the paper copies of the LPA’s and a cup of tea. I suspect they are not the actual LPAs but the paperwork surrounding it 😞

Tidy up as my recent malaise has included little cooking and no housework 😳 and lastly put a coat of lacquer on the boys dining table.

I have found a recipe that has made me want to cook something again so I’m thinking I should roll with it and see if it gives me my cooking mojo back.

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/galbi-jjim
I find this Korean woman quite enjoyable to watch. Theres something about the way she presents her stuff that makes me feel like rather than simply showing you what to do she really wants you to succeed.

Wishing Mrs T good luck for her surgery today TastyReuben
Well I think it’s today but I seem to be existing in some sort of time slip and the moment 😂
It is indeed today. Thank you, and I’ve passed that along to MrsT. We’re just sitting here waiting to leave the house. Mustn’t get there too early…

Wishing Mrs T good luck for her surgery today TastyReuben
Well I think it’s today but I seem to be existing in some sort of time slip and the moment 😂
The most recent nurse who’s stopped by (one of about 17 who’ve been in here, I reckon) would not stop apologizing or talking in general:

“Are you nursing or pregnant I know I know you’re not but I gotta legally ask I have to ask everyone including women who are in for a sex change and they get so mad sometimes and I tell them sorry but I gotta legally ask and I’m gonna just put these stickers on you here sorry my hands are cold everyone says girl did you put those in the freezer and I just laugh and say sorry I don’t know but they’re always just that cold and sorry I gotta expose you here for a minute and sorry sir I know you’re her husband and you’ve probably seen it all before but you’d be surprised how many women say no not in front of him and I don’t even know what to think of that and now we just have to wait for the surgeon to see you he has to sign a paper before legally I can take you back then there will be a device rep here don’t worry about that they’re always here they sometimes have to program a device but not your device but they help decide the right size and all that and I think the rep today is Pamela she’s real nice but the surgeon can’t legally start the procedure until she’s here and she’s not here yet and now I better go find him because who knows where he’s gotten off to you know all the nurses like working with him because and I probably shouldn’t say it but let’s just say he’s sure easy to look at that’s for sure sorry about that sir I’m sure you don’t have a thing to worry about you’re looking real spiffy too but us nurses well he’s not just good-looking but he’s real nice too and treats everybody real good and I’ve got to go find him now because I can’t legally take you back until…”

Take a breath, please!

Back
Top Bottom