Plans for today (2024)

Saturday gravy is on the stove. Chicken is in the marinade. I'm just waiting for the tamarind to defrost a little to finish the dipping sauce.

Just have to brown the meatballs and sausage, put the braciole together and brown it, then simmer all for a bit. Cook pasta and dinner tonight is done.
Please, please post a pic of your braciole. I have never made it but have wanted to do so for a very long time!

Please, please post a pic of your braciole. I have never made it but have wanted to do so for a very long time!
Oh, they are really simple, just bread crumbs, ParmR, microplaned garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt, pepper, and some EVOO.

Craig used to make fancy ones with pepperoni slices, moz slices, thinly sliced mushrooms, fresh basil leaves and I don't remember what else.

Oh, they are really simple, just bread crumbs, ParmR, microplaned garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt, pepper, and some EVOO.

Craig used to make fancy ones with pepperoni slices, moz slices, thinly sliced mushrooms, fresh basil leaves and I don't remember what else.
It's the meat I find the most interesting, that and the way it's rolled...some people use thinly sliced pounded out beef?

It's the meat I find the most interesting, that and the way it's rolled...some people use thinly sliced pounded out beef?

Yes, we can get steak cuts for palamillo steak here and that's what Craig always used. They are like 1/4 inch thick.

I used a chunk of chuck roast that I needed to use from freezer and sliced it open in a spiral, then pounded some. It's still kind of thick so is getting cooked longer than Craig did. He used to cook around 30-40 minutes depending on the amount of stuff in them.

Today, just hanging around the house while MrsT continues to recuperate, and I’m also planning on making a peanut butter challenge recipe.

Yesterday I decided to thin out some of the exotic plants which were taking over the back garden. Heliconia Rostrata. Had to move early in the morning (7.30am) because we're going through a heat wave here and the temperature is 30C by lunchtime. Mission accomplished although there was a lot of rubbish left over which I was going to move today.
Change of plans. Muscles ache so I'm going to do some cooking for a friend who doesn't cook!

1711283530755.png

Having a break from my Sunday job list.
I've made breakfast, scrubbed the travel cot in readiness for guests, helped my son clear out his room, scraped the remaining sealant off the shower tray and tiles ready for caulking, made lunch, done the hand washing up, the dishwasher, a load of washing and hung new shower curtain in another bathroom.

Left to do - cut youngest sons hair, clean the cloakroom toilet and hallway, move the cars out of the driveway ready for the workmen tomoz and sand the table ready for another coat of lacquer tomorrow.

Honestly I'd rather stay here talking about food 😆

Yesterday I decided to thin out some of the exotic plants which were taking over the back garden. Heliconia Rostrata. Had to move early in the morning (7.30am) because we're going through a heat wave here and the temperature is 30C by lunchtime. Mission accomplished although there was a lot of rubbish left over which I was going to move today.
Change of plans. Muscles ache so I'm going to do some cooking for a friend who doesn't cook!

View attachment 111384

Ah, heliconias. I learned my lesson with them and birds of paradise years ago.

Jobs completed so time for a little bit of indulgence -
Easter tree decorating!
I got a new Easter tree and this year I’m going lurid! The lights do a shocking flash dance of different colours, hope I can find the where the remote slipped off to, if not they’ll have to stay switched off! 😆
IMG_2130.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom