Plans for today (2024)

Palaces, Temples, 36C and crowds of Chinese.
20240325_092047.jpg
20240325_090148.jpg
20240325_101039.jpg
20240325_123046.jpg
20240325_132210.jpg
20240325_132412.jpg

Today we will mostly be here by the pool. This evening a private guided tour of the night markets and street food.

I have worked out that our suite has a bigger floor area than our entire house, and we have this bloke keeps coming up to us insisting he is our butler, again, we don't have one of those at home.

20240326_104302.jpg 20240326_103101.jpg

Yesterday I started clearing out the utility. Theres so much stuff rammed out there my kitchen is now overflowing with stuff, my boot is full of bin bags for the skip and boxes for the charity shop but theres still far far too much stuff to go back in there nicely.
I had hoped to find some nice “I forgot about that” surprises but turns out my mental inventory is accurate and I actually use all of it at some point over the course of a year.
Apart from the meat slicer but I’m not parting with that. And perhaps the 12 mini vases could go but I love a little flower in front of a place setting.

Now it’s 7am and I’m clinging to the duvet so I don’t have to go and face the carnage I created 😂

I'm getting ready to make my tea and tidy the kitchen, then I've a little work to do this afternoon. I'm cooking a small beef prime rib roast for dinner and my youngest daughter is coming over. She just got home last night, she works in a city in another state about 6 hours away and has an apartment there but has a house here in Akron (Ohio). We don't get to see her much so this will be nice.

Not much planned for today. Hoping for a quiet workday, though with half my team off (2 out of 4), it could get ugly fast. Quiet morning thus far. ✊ 🪵

Tonight, I’m sort of half-cooking - salad along with some soup from the freezer (bean & SPAM, from the SPAM challenge).

I’m feeling quite domestic at the moment, so I think I’ll make some bread - haven’t done that in ages.

The boys are both home for the bank holiday weekend and I’m trialling something new.
I given them a part menu listing the breakfasts, snacks and evening food available each day and explained I’ll cook the main lunch time meal everyday but for the other times they're hungry they can help themselves to the various things listed.

I felt a little guilty about doing it but I do run myself ragged constantly catering and sometimes miss out on the fun because I’m always in the kitchen.
I gave them the sheets and they were more than happy about it, they thought it was a good idea and made a beeline straight for the hot cross buns! 😊

Hope everyone is enjoying the long bank holiday.. apart from The Velvet Curtain and Lullabelle because they don’t need the hope, they are lucky duckies already definitely having a fine ol’ time! 💃 🕺

My husband pointed out the irony of my cooking prime rib on Good Friday...guess I should have chosen lamb. But we're not Catholic or even religious.
I never even know it’s Easter until it’s right on top of me.

Yesterday after-hours, my manager texted all of us and asked if anyone was taking Friday off “because of the holiday,” because he wanted to, due to some last-minute guests.

My first thought was, “What <bleeping> holiday is he talking about? Did I miss something?”

Then the one Catholic texted back and said he was taking a half-day, so he could do some church stuff in the morning for a bit and then another bit in the afternoon, and I thought, “Who’s going to church on a Friday morning and again in the afternoon?”

I’m completely oblivious to that stuff, since it’s not an actual federal holiday. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom