Plans for today (2024)

How do you do that? Don't they go pop?
Nope, but they do display some funny-looking little balls of moisture on the outside.

I pierce the fat end, to help with the pressure, and it’s 14 minutes at 270F, then 15 minutes in cold water.

I’m slowly working my way back to a “perfect” soft-cooked egg, and I have a few examples in the air fryer topic, starting here:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/air-fryer-cooking.21178/page-20#post-380514

It wasn't planned but I am watching one of the few Tom Cruise movies that I actually like, called The Last Samuri. It is actually very good.

I'm around half an hour we are being collected and taken to a food market to buy ingredients, cook at a cookery school then eat, should be fun
Then when we get back maybe we will find the Eater egg that will be hidden in our room :hyper:

This is an absolute gem of a break isn’t it! I’m loving what you’re up to!

Our family dinner we had planned to host tonight got cancelled due to husband being sick. He’s tested negative for covid (although I know those rapid tests are unreliable), but he’s got very flu-like symptoms.

So we’re planning on a quiet day at home. I’m in the middle of making cookies now, got some tofu marinating for banh mi sandwiches for lunch, and I plan to start my tomato seeds later today.

I went to the barn yesterday and the day before - I’m definitely not used to riding two days in a row and my muscles are letting me know!

So I finished raking up the grass, re-potted some bromelias, weeded the kitchen garden (it's tiny) and planted some chile seedlings. suitcase is packed, fridge is almost empty (only some meatballs left, which will do for dinner) and I've done all the washing.
All that's left is two games of football to watch on TV...

And dinner’s in the slow cooker.

I know I said quiet day at home, but between the cookies I made this morning, the banh mi for lunch, and getting dinner into the cooker, I feel like I’ve been cooking all day! I guess relaxing part starts now!

I still have to clean up the kitchen and do laundry…

Back
Top Bottom