Plans for today (2024)

I'd have a really hard time with that. I think if you suspect you'll be buying again later you shouldn't get rid of it.
I’ve been told you may re-buy about 10% of what you get rid of when you clear your house, they say it’s worth it for making your life easier and the light feeling you get from being rid of stuff 🤷‍♀️

Thing is if it sparks joy (and most of my cooking and dinnerware does) I don’t want to part with it!
Went to the local ironmongers and bought two large containers so I won’t be getting rid of anything that would make me sad.

I’ve got rid of a lot of stuff though and my utility is now an absolute joy, I can see where everything is and the bread machine and ingredients, the large slow cooker and the instant pot are all out and ready to use 👏
Really enjoyed using it all yesterday, it was like having a little second kitchen 😂

I’ve been told you may re-buy about 10% of what you get rid of when you clear your house, they say it’s worth it for making your life easier and the light feeling you get from being rid of stuff 🤷‍♀️

Thing is if it sparks joy (and most of my cooking and dinnerware does) I don’t want to part with it!
Went to the local ironmongers and bought two large containers so I won’t be getting rid of anything that would make me sad.

I’ve got rid of a lot of stuff though and my utility is now an absolute joy, I can see where everything is and the bread machine and ingredients, the large slow cooker and the instant pot are all out and ready to use 👏
Really enjoyed using it all yesterday, it was like having a little second kitchen 😂

I'm jealous. No utility room here and only a small galley kitchen which needs de-cluttering of an excess of store cupboard food.

Snow storm forecasted for the next 24 hours. That should slow foot traffic at work. Just as well because I have some catering for tomorrow that requires a fair bit of prep today and my freezer meals are depleted so I have to build back the inventory. I will probably cancel band rehearsal tonight because of the snow. It is a 20 minute drive on some country back roads..Busy day with a few unsettled issues. Another typical Eastern Ontario spring.

I'm jealous. No utility room here and only a small galley kitchen which needs de-cluttering of an excess of store cupboard food.
Well enjoy the bit where I’ve lived here for 20+ years and only just realised how to use the utility to my advantage rather than as a dumping ground for everything culinary related.. doh!

What I have noticed about my tiny tiny kitchen in Spain is it’s a lot less trouble to keep clean and tidy. It gets messy fast same as my kitchen in the UK but is no-where near as relentless in its demands for tidying.

I think that’s because you are forced to tidy as you go or lose worktop space to mess.
I also noticed that I don’t enjoy cooking any less because the kitchens small, it’s the same joy of creating tastiness regardless 😊

I also noticed that I don’t enjoy cooking any less because the kitchens small, it’s the same joy of creating tastiness regardless 😊

True. I wish I was in a fit state to cook again but recovery is slow from major abdominal surgery plus broken leg and arm! I'm getting there...

Today's plans include picking the raspberries, getting my 4×4 in for her rego checks (MOT equivalent though roughly a 1980's MOT) & a service and doing what I can in the garden before the rain arrives. Tomorrow is due to be that wet, I doubt anything will get done. They're predicting up to 80mm of rain for tomorrow, so I hope my 4×4 passes its rego because with that much rain, I'll need her to go anywhere at the weekend after the dirt road gets washed away. It's also due to rain for most of the weekend, so I'm not sure when the laundry will get done because I won't be able to get anything dry.

At least I can knit through it, if we don't lose electricity. With that amount of rain though, we will lose satellite broadband and TV reception.

Today's plans include picking the raspberries, getting my 4×4 in for her rego checks (MOT equivalent though roughly a 1980's MOT) & a service and doing what I can in the garden before the rain arrives. Tomorrow is due to be that wet, I doubt anything will get done. They're predicting up to 80mm of rain for tomorrow, so I hope my 4×4 passes its rego because with that much rain, I'll need her to go anywhere at the weekend after the dirt road gets washed away. It's also due to rain for most of the weekend, so I'm not sure when the laundry will get done because I won't be able to get anything dry.

At least I can knit through it, if we don't lose electricity. With that amount of rain though, we will lose satellite broadband and TV reception.

We too are still picking the odd raspberry. I also got.my warrant for my car/ wagon thr other day. I'm right for another year.

Russ

We too are still picking the odd raspberry. I also got.my warrant for my car/ wagon thr other day. I'm right for another year.

Russ
Starting to slow down now. Only 275g of raspberries today.

20240404_083846.jpg

20240404_090136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom