Plans for today (2024)

Got some ribs to get in the oven, still haven’t fixed the sealant in the bathroom so that has to happen today, the boys dining table needs sanding and another coat of varnish, some parcels need picking up and I’m still struggling to decide what to do with the stuff from the utility that doesn’t fit in there nicely but I don’t want to part with.
Some tough decisions that will likely end in me rebuying some of it at some point during the year!

We went into town to the tsunami museum, was in tears the whole way around, very moving.
We were like that at the 9-11 memorial in rural PA. I didn’t even care to go, MrsT wanted to, and it’s not the easiest place to get to, but it also was very moving and hard to take in, but I’m glad I went.

Got some ribs to get in the oven, still haven’t fixed the sealant in the bathroom so that has to happen today, the boys dining table needs sanding and another coat of varnish, some parcels need picking up and I’m still struggling to decide what to do with the stuff from the utility that doesn’t fit in there nicely but I don’t want to part with.
Some tough decisions that will likely end in me rebuying some of it at some point during the year!
Do you have an attic, basement, gatage, or storage shed? Do you have room inside for a stand alone storage cabinet or chest?

My new Thai girlfriend Tangthai (Melon). If you go to the bloggers zection you can see the hard core photo of us bathing together

20240402_144226.jpg
20240402_143443.jpg
20240402_135506.jpg

Do you have an attic, basement, gatage, or storage shed? Do you have room inside for a stand alone storage cabinet or chest?
I don't have a basement but I do have the other things, there's also a shipping container in the yard for storing large items and rarely used items (decorating stuff, boxes with hobby equipment, extra chairs n tables etc) but really I don't like owning so much stuff.

So this Nordic thing "döstädning" death cleaning thing I read about (I think it was medtran49 who mentioned it) made me think a good declutter is over due. I'm gonna Kondo the cr*p out of my place. Clearly too many things spark joy!

I have to be more ruthless.
Took four boxes to the charity shop this morning (good things, things people will like or would be useful) and was rudely told "TWO ONLY" I said which two would you like? she replied "I don't care" so I brought back the antique china pieces and the spare teapots because I do like them and I couldn't bear to leave them with her.

I'm sure it's a difficult job especially after a spring bank holiday but honestly it wasn't nice.
I saw her eyeing up the Morphy Richards Express Spiraliser so said I'd printed the instructions out for it yesterday they're in the box. That seemed to make her very happy.

Heyho. Nearly there now.

I don't have a basement but I do have the other things, there's also a shipping container in the yard for storing large items and rarely used items (decorating stuff, boxes with hobby equipment, extra chairs n tables etc) but really I don't like owning so much stuff.

So this Nordic thing "döstädning" death cleaning thing I read about (I think it was medtran49 who mentioned it) made me think a good declutter is over due. I'm gonna Kondo the cr*p out of my place. Clearly too many things spark joy!

I have to be more ruthless.
Took four boxes to the charity shop this morning (good things, things people will like or would be useful) and was rudely told "TWO ONLY" I said which two would you like? she replied "I don't care" so I brought back the antique china pieces and the spare teapots because I do like them and I couldn't bear to leave them with her.

I'm sure it's a difficult job especially after a spring bank holiday but honestly it wasn't nice.
I saw her eyeing up the Morphy Richards Express Spiraliser so said I'd printed the instructions out for it yesterday they're in the box. That seemed to make her very happy.

Heyho. Nearly there now.
I'd have a really hard time with that. I think if you suspect you'll be buying again later you shouldn't get rid of it.

We were like that at the 9-11 memorial in rural PA. I didn’t even care to go, MrsT wanted to, and it’s not the easiest place to get to, but it also was very moving and hard to take in, but I’m glad I went.

To be honest I was in tears the whole way around, other people looked as though they were at an art gallery. I suppose we all respond differently.

Back
Top Bottom