Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that might be dependent on a few things like age, genetics, and diet! I am 60. I never really had any dental issues until I was in my late 50s, and thankfully those were minor.
I would add medicine and prednisone to that list. But despite my chronic conditions, I'm fine. Haven't had cavities in ages. I just need to see the assistant for a cleanup because I drink a lot of black tea which stains my teeth. But they're otherwise in perfect shape according to the dentist. That's because I fear the dentist so I watch out not to ruin my teeth.
The only time in my life when I had cavities was when I was on prednisone, which is a known possible side effect.

Last edited:
I would add medicine and prednisone to that list. But despite my chronic conditions, I'm fine. Haven't had cavities in ages. I just need to see the assistant for a cleanup because I drink a lot of black tea which stains my teeth. But they're otherwise in perfect shape according to the dentist. That's because I fear the dentist so I watch out not to ruin my teeth.
The only time in my life when I had cavities was when I was on prednisone, which is a known possible side effect.
What got me was a vertical cracked tooth. No saving that.

No real plans for today. But tomorrow we are going to Porch Rockr, which is an all day outdoor event with live music where bands play on people's porches over on the west side of town. They block off the streets and people wander through the neighborhoods listening to music. There are food trucks and vendors at a nearby park. My youngest daughter's fiance is lead vocalist in a heavy metal band. They do all originals and are quite good. MIL wants to go as she's never heard them. It might be a bit shocking for her, lol.

PorchRokr Music Festival - Highland Square - Akron Ohio August 20 2022 Highland Square Neighborhood Association

We have that here in Dayton; same day, slightly different name:

Dayton Porchfest 2022
We probably stole the idea, I think that Porch Rockr is fairly new (within the last decade or so). Edit: okay I just checked, your Porchfest was stolen from Ithaca NY and started in 2017. Cleveland started theirs in 2009, so I guess we ripped them off. Apparently there are 150ish such festivals in the US in various states/cities.

Doesn't look like you have any metal bands there, LOL.

Well I got around to making my pesto for tonight's dinner. Going to pickup my curbside grocery order at 8, then coming home to cook dinner. Yeah, we eat late around here.

All of the picnic stuff is done. I’ll just need to pack it up in the morning right after breakfast.

Have you planned the packing of your picnic basket... er, sorry, your "hamper."

CD
Well, it’s funny, because everything is WW-approved this time around, which is making for a lot less food overall, so I didn’t feel the need to do a dry run with the packing. It’ll all fit, no problem.

Here’s the really funny bit…the plans for tomorrow involve an all-day mini-road trip, hitting our favorite Amish markets and butcher shops on a stretch of road about 90 minutes out and back.

When we do this, we usually buy a load of homemade salamis and other lunchmeats, the usual two dozen doughnuts, jams, candies, cheeses, stop for ice cream, etc.

I have a feeling we’re going to be driving all that way and buying very little… :whistling:

Well, it’s funny, because everything is WW-approved this time around, which is making for a lot less food overall, so I didn’t feel the need to do a dry run with the packing. It’ll all fit, no problem.

Here’s the really funny bit…the plans for tomorrow involve an all-day mini-road trip, hitting our favorite Amish markets and butcher shops on a stretch of road about 90 minutes out and back.

When we do this, we usually buy a load of homemade salamis and other lunchmeats, the usual two dozen doughnuts, jams, candies, cheeses, stop for ice cream, etc.

I have a feeling we’re going to be driving all that way and buying very little… :whistling:

Don't forget the stuff one of your friends at the office asked you to bring back. Hey, just tell her you are buying it for me, to pay me back for the beer. Send me the Butterscotch Krimpets, and hide the rest. :wink:

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom