Positive Encouragement Exercise Thread

I'll start with yesterday and when I've recovered tomorrow, I'll post what I did today.

So I have a recumbent exercise bike and yesterday I spun my legs a little. Nothing too much and nothing too hard.

20240331_150326.jpg

Last edited:
This might be just the thing to get me back on my rowing machine.
Then again I might lie down for bit first and assess the situation, one doesn’t like to be too hasty 😂
I started off and the beginning of the year with just 5 minutes on the bike. I added 1 minute each time I went on it (last year's health issues from the UK left me unable to even talk and sit still without getting breathless. So I've had to start back really slowly, then I got covid which set me back again.

So yesterday we decided to exhaust ourselves. We went for a walk. I knew it was 3km out, uphill, then back again. We aimed to go over lunch, so to lunch with us, but for reasons I've yet to work out only took 1½L between us. That's basically ¼L per person per hour and it was hot. Yep, stupid I know but I'm still not able to carry anything. Something I need to work on.

So, we went to a local gorge we've not yet walked, Molonglo Gorge.

Screenshot_20240402_145943_Strava.jpg

20240401_091428.jpg

20240401_123456.jpg

Our lunch spot...
20240401103821_IMG_3566.JPG
20240401102731_IMG_3564.JPG

This is very typical of scenery in Australia. You look through the bushland to see the scenery.

20240401100007_IMG_3551.JPG

Back to the exercise bike or treadmill tomorrow.

So yesterday we decided to exhaust ourselves. We went for a walk. I knew it was 3km out, uphill, then back again. We aimed to go over lunch, so to lunch with us, but for reasons I've yet to work out only took 1½L between us. That's basically ¼L per person per hour and it was hot. Yep, stupid I know but I'm still not able to carry anything. Something I need to work on.

So, we went to a local gorge we've not yet walked, Molonglo Gorge.

View attachment 111826

View attachment 111827
View attachment 111828
Our lunch spot...
View attachment 111829View attachment 111830

This is very typical of scenery in Australia. You look through the bushland to see the scenery.

View attachment 111831

Back to the exercise bike or treadmill tomorrow.
Amazing ❤ such a beautiful landscape! And you did great, just take more water next time 😉

They're you go. From our walk 2 weeks ago.

You often can't get very far from things in the Aussie bush, and this was a classic example.

View attachment 111845
This would motivate more to go outside I must say. Our landscape here is incredibly boring. Just flat grassland and some Parks.

This would motivate more to go outside I must say. Our landscape here is incredibly boring. Just flat grassland and some Parks.
When we cycled through the Netherlands, we were there when the tulips were in flower and the tulip fields were fantastic. We did also find some wonderful little areas and camp sites, but that was much closer to the German border with the North Sea.

IMG_0073_800.jpeg
IMG_0087_1024.jpeg
IMG_0072_1024.jpeg
IMG_1406_800.jpeg
IMG_1408_1024.jpeg

The camp site is over on the Annerveenschekanaal. It was delightful.

When we cycled through the Netherlands, we were there when the tulips were in flower and the tulip fields were fantastic. We did also find some wonderful little areas and camp sites, but that was much closer to the German border with the North Sea.

View attachment 111847View attachment 111848View attachment 111849View attachment 111850View attachment 111851

The camp site is over on the Annerveenschekanaal. It was delightful.
Yes that is beautiful, but that's in another region of the Netherlands. Where I live is just grass, cows and greenhouses. It's the biggest export centre of Europe.

Where I live is just grass, cows
Hey…are you my neighbor? :wink:

When we first moved to the UK, we lived just outside The Cotswolds, so the sort of northeastern part of that area was our running ground.

When we had to move to East Anglia, we were both somewhat disappointed, because we’d been over there enough to know what it looked like (flat and marshy), but once we got there, we came to appreciate it for its own beauty.

It’s been so long since we were in your country, but I do remember it being flat, and the phenomenon of having to look up to see the coastline!

Hey…are you my neighbor? :wink:

When we first moved to the UK, we lived just outside The Cotswolds, so the sort of northeastern part of that area was our running ground.

When we had to move to East Anglia, we were both somewhat disappointed, because we’d been over there enough to know what it looked like (flat and marshy), but once we got there, we came to appreciate it for its own beauty.

It’s been so long since we were in your country, but I do remember it being flat, and the phenomenon of having to look up to see the coastline!
Yess indeed haha there's always a stair to the beach 😆

Of course there's beauty in the Netherlands too, just not in my urbanized area

Back
Top Bottom