Potassium Blast revisited.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:56 PM
Ok. In the interests of science, I finally made this recipe Potassium Blast (Egg Plant Smoothie). I thought my efforts (beyond the call of duty!) deserved a new thread. Anyway, I was surprised to find that its not anywhere near as horrible as I thought it might be. In fact, its quite pleasant. It tastes like a banana smoothie but with faintly earthy and grassy notes. I didn't sweeten it as I felt the banana gave enough sweetness. The smoothie does not in any way resemble the bright green concoction pictured with the recipe. After all, how could it, unless the aubergine was bright green! It looks more pale coffee coloured, which might be a good thing if it tasted of coffee... but...
Here is how it looked:
DSCF2317.jpg

However, whilst I was photographing it a very odd thing happened. It turned into a mousse! I think it might be because the almond milk contains lecithin. Here is what happened. Anyone else fancy trying this to see if they get the same effect?

DSCF2320.jpg

Last edited:
You suggesting torture, or was it leave it standing and see the end effect.
No. In fact, neither of them need to drink/eat it. I just want to know if they get the same result. Come to think of it, why can't you make it, @classic33? :D. Its not difficult to make. All you need is an aubergine (eggplant), a banana and some almond milk.

No. In fact, neither of them need to drink/eat it. I just want to know if they get the same result. Come to think of it, why can't you make it, @classic33? :D. Its not difficult to make. All you need is an aubergine (eggplant), a banana and some almond milk.
Never had it change texture like you did. Substituted milk though.

In what way, given the wording behind the glass. "Remix ordinary matter and very odd things happen".
Exactly. Funny thing was I used that copy of the New Scientist as a 'backdrop' as a witticism. But then odd things did happen and the smoothie turned into a mousse! Its sitting in my fridge at the moment.

And what colour did the smoothie turn out to be?
Turned out a very dark green. But not made by me. A relative that was into "natural living", made around two pints of the stuff.
Fridge got an odd taste to it yet?

She made a "sprout smoothie" with the sprouts of a potato plant. Lethal.

Back
Top Bottom