Recipe Quinoa Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce.

caseydog

Local time
4:14 AM
Quinoa Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce.

QuinoaBenedict005.jpg

1 cup Ouinoa
2 cups water

1 egg
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 cup bread crumbs

1 or 2 pieces of Canadian (back) bacon -- may substitute ham

1 egg (poached)

3 egg yolks
1 TSP Dijon Mustard
1 TSP fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup melted butter
Cayenne Pepper -- just a pinch (optional)

Cook the quinoa as directed on the package, fluff, then cool in the fridge. When cooled, mix one cup of cooked quinoa, one egg, your ParmReg and bread crumbs. Make an English Muffin (HB bun) size patty, and pan fry over medium high heat with butter.

Make the Hollandaise sauce in a blender by mixing all the ingredients except the warm butter. Slowly add the hot butter to the mixture with the blender running until smooth.

Carefully put the quinoa patty on a plate (it is a little bit fragile). Place you Canadian Bacon/Ham that has been browned in a hot pan (use the one from the quinoa patty, to save clean-up. Gently place your poached egg on top, and pour Hollandaise sauce over everything.

CD

Other than the Hollandaise sauce, I wrote this recipe, so somebody tell me if something looks wrong with it. Writing (or using) recipes is not a strength of mine. :whistling:

CD

Other than the Hollandaise sauce, I wrote this recipe, so somebody tell me if something looks wrong with it. Writing (or using) recipes is not a strength of mine. :whistling:

CD
Re-read it one more time, seems fine to me!
HB bun? But I can get it from the context what size you mean.
Good job.

Re-read it one more time, seems fine to me!
HB bun? But I can get it from the context what size you mean.
Good job.

That quinoa patty took a lot of time to get right (and made a huge mess of my kitchen). My first attempt was actually from a recipe I found on the internet. That was a disaster. I made some changes/adjustments for the second attempt, which looked perfect, but was too fragile to do anything with. The third attempt is what I entered. Still a little more fragile than I would like, but probably the best you can get with quinoa replacing bread.

It did taste good -- I cleaned my plate. :okay:

CD

Last edited:
That quinoa patty took a lot of time to get right (and made a huge mess of my kitchen). My first attempt was actually from a a recipe I found on the internet. That was a disaster. I made some changes/adjustments for the second attempt, which looked perfect, but was too fragile to do anything with. The third attempt is what I entered. Still a little more fragile than I would like, but probably the best you can get with quinoa replacing bread.

It did taste good -- I cleaned my plate. :okay:

CD
Oh I totally understand. I was thinking about the kitchen mess you described, while creating my mess😂. It was good knowing, that am not the only one.

It is quite a process...

Luckily quinoa keeps well in the fridge. I did my first and second batch on two different days, that is what worked for me timewise.🤷

Even went to read Bolivian dishes to get informed.😊

Loving the challenges. They make me grow. As well as this forum with the wonderful members.💙

CD
A typo or two but otherwise just fine, and wow, outstanding creativity, I am very impressed. It looks so delicious!

I'm never gonna make quinoa with anything, but I've stolen the sauce recipe.
Recipe seemed fine to me. Nothing to trip me up.

Thanks.
Russ

Back
Top Bottom