Recipe Raspberry Cheesecake for board games weekend

I think I need educating. I suspect I've only ever eaten cheesecake once or twice (can't remember!). And that would be because it was served at a dinner party and it would be rude to refuse. I really don't have a sweet tooth. But I can imagine a good cheesecake might have a delightful citrus flavour and not be too sweet.

Same, not a sweet tooth .............except cheesecake, my weakness. I rarely eat it but when I do, it's 2 or 3 pieces.

Russ

Anything sweet, I'm afraid that it will raise the glucose level, but I WILL make one some day, either in the fridge or in the oven. :wink:

There's always a cheese pie. It uses 8 oz of room temp cream cheese, a can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup (I think, going from memory) lemon juice, and 1 tsp vanilla.

Plus, a baked and cooled crust using Graham crackers or vanilla wafers or chocolate wafers. There are easily found recipes for all.

Some kind of fruit topping. My favorite is cherry pie filling. Refrigerate the can while the pie is chilling.

Make the crust in an 8 inch square pan and cool.

Using an electric mixture, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Pour the sweetened condensed milk in and mix well. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Mixture will thicken. Stir in the vanilla. Pour on top of the cooled crust. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours, but best up to 8 hours. Pour the cherry pie filling on top, cover and refrigerate. Serve.

I've had this as long as I can remember. It was a favorite of my mother's.

There's always a cheese pie. It uses 8 oz of room temp cream cheese, a can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup (I think, going from memory) lemon juice, and 1 tsp vanilla.

Plus, a baked and cooled crust using Graham crackers or vanilla wafers or chocolate wafers. There are easily found recipes for all.

Some kind of fruit topping. My favorite is cherry pie filling. Refrigerate the can while the pie is chilling.

Make the crust in an 8 inch square pan and cool.

Using an electric mixture, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Pour the sweetened condensed milk in and mix well. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Mixture will thicken. Stir in the vanilla. Pour on top of the cooled crust. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours, but best up to 8 hours. Pour the cherry pie filling on top, cover and refrigerate. Serve.

I've had this as long as I can remember. It was a favorite of my mother's.

I may try this?

Russ

I also make a Key Lime cheese pie as above, except I zest the Key Limes and use 1/2 cup of Key Lime juice. No vanilla. We aren't fond of Graham crackers so I make a vanilla wafer crust. It gets finished with whipped cream. This is one of Craig's favorite desserts.

Key Limes are small limes about half the size of Persian limes, and are pretty round. They were originally found in the Florida Keys, but were hit hard by a citrus disease and most are grown in Mexico now. They are a bit sweeter and less acidic than Persian limes. They also are a yellowish lime green.

Last edited:
I also make a Key Lime cheese pie as above, except I zest the Key Limes and use 1/2 cup of Key Lime juice. No vanilla. We aren't fond of Graham crackers so I make a vanilla wafer crust. It gets finished with whipped cream. This is one of Craig's favorite desserts.

Key Limes are small limes about half the size of Persian limes, and are pretty round. They were originally found in the Florida Keys, but were hit hard by a citrus disease and most are grown in Mexico now. They are a bit sweeter and less acidic than Persian limes. They also are a yellowish lime green.

I've got a lime tree, guess what, I want to try the key lime recipe, I've copied your recipe, I'll change to the lime as there's about 3 nearly ready. Cheers. :)

Russ

I've got a lime tree, guess what, I want to try the key lime recipe, I've copied your recipe, I'll change to the lime as there's about 3 nearly ready. Cheers. :)

Russ

If it is the Kaffir lime tree you mentioned in another thread and it really is a Kaffir lime, the limes aren't edible. Ask @Yorky .

If it is the Kaffir lime tree you mentioned in another thread and it really is a Kaffir lime, the limes aren't edible. Ask @Yorky .

My wife uses them as a hair tonic.

These are they (the knobbly ones).

I'm sure that I used some kaffir limes in my lime pickle a couple of years ago but I may be wrong.

I ate one of the larger variety grilled with cinnamon. I'll try and find a picture.

Great job. I never met a cheesecake I didn't like, ricotta (Italian), no bake etc., but my favorite is (Lindy's) New York cheesecake with cream cheese, dense - not chiffony, a slightly tangy lemony taste & a Graham cracker crust. I had my first taste at Lindy's restaurant in New York growing up. We went to see My Fair Lady in the theatre district, and a trip to Lindy's for dessert for graduation. You can find their recipe & read about the history on the web. Sadly, I think the restaurant is gone now. Sara Lee made a pretty good refrigerated cheesecake.

Last edited:
Every time that I make one, it falls a little in the middle!! But I eat it anyway. Don't want it to go to waste!! Something about the oven door is suppose to be kept closed for at least an hour after it's done?!! :headshake:

Haven't heard of falling in the center. Sounds like a souffle. If cracking is a problem, let the eggs, cream cheese and sour cream come to room temperature for about 1/2 hour, remove the cake while it's still a little jiggly in the middle. I tap the pans on the countertop, so everything evens out before baking.

Back
Top Bottom