Recipes starring eggs

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:56 PM
I just love eggs. We kept chickens when I was a kid so I ate freshly laid eggs every day. So - what are your most inventive egg recipes? I don't mean simply fried, poached, scrambled or omelettes. There are scrambled egg and omelette threads already! I'm interested in eggs used in other dishes or perhaps preserves (salted eggs), as a main(ish) ingredient. Eggs Florentine is an old favourite of mine...

a-hen-that-lays-golden-eggs-smiley-emoticon.gif

Potted eggs or eggs sur la plate,you put a base in the vessel like pancetta Ceps and tarragon and bake with a egg in a Bain marie

Curried Egg Salad Sandwich
egg_salad_sandwich_300.jpg

Ingredients
8 large eggs
1/3cup mayonnaise
1teaspoon curry powder
1tablespoon chopped fresh chives
kosher salt and black pepper
4 slices pumpernickel bread
4 large leaves Bibb lettuce
Potato Chips(Crisps), for serving

Directions
Place the eggs in a saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and let sit for 12 minutes.
Rinse the eggs under cold water, peel, and coarsely chop.
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Fold in the eggs and chives; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Dividing evenly, top each slice of bread with lettuce, then the egg salad. Serve with the chips(crisps).

Serves 4
Hands-On Time 10 min
Total Time 20 min

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/curried-egg-salad-sandwich

Egg curry with soft boiled eggs in dhal with fresh chopped tomatoes stirred through, and Tarkha - crispy fried onions, garlic, red chilli and cumin seeds on top.

Guinness® Caribbean Punch
Guiness Caribbean Punch.jpg
“When I makes tea I makes tea, as old mother Grogan said. And when I makes water I makes water.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

If there's a more deserving fireside drink than this, we don't know what it is. Condensed milk and Guinness combine in this eggnog-inspired beer cocktail; nutmeg on top makes it feel like winter.​

Ingredients:
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
16 ounces Guinness Extra Stout
1 raw egg
pinch fresh ground nutmeg

Instructions:
In a pitcher, vigorously beat the egg and condensed milk together.
Slowly pour the Guinness down the side of the pitcher and gently mix.
Pour into stemware, grate fresh nutmeg on top and serve.

Makes: 4

Guinness® Caribbean Punch
“When I makes tea I makes tea, as old mother Grogan said. And when I makes water I makes water.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

If there's a more deserving fireside drink than this, we don't know what it is. Condensed milk and Guinness combine in this eggnog-inspired beer cocktail; nutmeg on top makes it feel like winter.​
QUOTE]

Ooh, I feel a bit sick reading this. Its the condensed milk and egg...

Stir-Fried Vegetable Omelette
1452.png
Ingredients
2 teaspoons/10ml vegetable oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon/5ml chopped fresh root ginger
1 small carrot, cut into strips
½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
60g/2oz mange-tout, trimmed and halved
4 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon/15ml soy sauce
Juice of ½ lime

For the omelette:
2 large British Lion eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons/10ml vegetable oil

Method
  • For the stir-fried vegetables, heat the oil in a wok or heavy-based pan, and then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for two minutes and add the carrot, mange-tout and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Stir in the soy sauce and lime juice and set aside.
  • For the omelette, beat the eggs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, add the egg mixture and cook for 2 - 3minutes over a medium heat until the egg is almost set all the way through.
  • Pile the stir-fried vegetables on one half of the omelette and fold the other half over the top. Slide onto a plate and serve with boiled noodles or rice.

Serves 1Prep: 10 minsCook: 10 mins

Moroccan spiced eggs and tomatoes with a minted yoghurt
1517.png
Ingredients
4 British Lion eggs
250g plum tomatoes, quartered and deseeded
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp hot chilli powder
35g fresh coriander leaves

Minted yoghurt:
150g fat-free natural or Greek yoghurt
35g mint leaves, chopped
½ tsp ground cumin powder
½ lemon

2 flat seeded flat breads, grilled until warm and a little crispy at the edges (optional)

Method
  • Mix the mint with the yoghurt, cumin and the lemon juice. Leave to one side.
  • Place a large non-stick pan on a low heat and add in the vegetable oil. Add the garlic to the pan along with the spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously so the garlic doesn’t burn.
  • Add the spices and stir well. Next add in the deseeded tomatoes. Coat the tomato petals in the spices and cook until soft but not mushy! 6-8 minutes is plenty.
  • Make 4 gaps in the tomato mixture and crack in the eggs. Season the top of each egg with a small pinch of cumin and a little salt. Cook until the whites are firm but the yolk is runny. Grill the flat breads in the meantime.
  • Once the egg and tomato dish is ready, you can ether serve it in the pan or scoop it out onto a plate with the grilled flatbreads.
  • Scatter over the fresh coriander and serve with the minted yoghurt on the side.
It ticks all the boxes! Healthy, quick to prepare and cook, minimal shopping, reasonably priced ingredients and extremely satisfying to eat! Breakfast, lunch or dinner...this dish is a winner.

A great brunch or lunch recipe full of flavour - and it's healthy too.

Serves 2 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 15 mins

https://www.eggrecipes.co.uk/recipes

Back
Top Bottom