Recipes starring eggs

We call this original recipe the Egg Sarciado which is loosely translated as egg with sauce. Boil the eggs and remove the shell. Sautee garlic on a pan and add chopped onions and sliced tomatoes. When wilted, add water and some seasoning - salt or fish sauce or oyster sauce. After boiling for 1 minute, you add the egg. Best served with steaming white rice. But for those who crave for more, soup is the best combination for this Egg Sarciado dish.

Buttered Eggs - as per Swallows and Amazons (Arthur Ransom)? A sort of scrambled eggs that is not nowadays considered very healthy but tastes wonderful.

Make sure your toast is just about ready, then, heat as much butter as you dare (roughly 1oz per egg) to the point where it is about to burn, then add the eggs (already cracked open and in a bowl). Scramble them as quickly as you can and cook until they start to release the butter back out of the scrambled mixture. Turn out onto the toast and eat immediately.

I have no idea why, but the taste of the eggs changes completely with the butter and this recipe is well worth doing if only the once just to try it. It is wonderful and was a great treat in our household until my allergy to dairy kicked in. Best only consumed about once a month though! It is very high in calories not to mention butter, but does not work anywhere near as well if you cut down the butter.

Buttered Eggs - as per Swallows and Amazons (Arthur Ransom)? A sort of scrambled eggs that is not nowadays considered very healthy but tastes wonderful.

Make sure your toast is just about ready, then, heat as much butter as you dare (roughly 1oz per egg) to the point where it is about to burn, then add the eggs (already cracked open and in a bowl). Scramble them as quickly as you can and cook until they start to release the butter back out of the scrambled mixture. Turn out onto the toast and eat immediately.

I have no idea why, but the taste of the eggs changes completely with the butter and this recipe is well worth doing if only the once just to try it. It is wonderful and was a great treat in our household until my allergy to dairy kicked in. Best only consumed about once a month though! It is very high in calories not to mention butter, but does not work anywhere near as well if you cut down the butter.
Its like making a beurre noisette I guess, hence the taste would be 'nutty'?

Bread pudding, it requires 6 eggs and the only thing I cook that needs that many eggs. I cook with eggs, I don't really eat them like most people do, scrambled, fried or in an omelete.

Bread pudding, it requires 6 eggs and the only thing I cook that needs that many eggs. I cook with eggs, I don't really eat them like most people do, scrambled, fried or in an omelete.
I do a savoury bread and butter pudding with cheese and onion

Guinness® Caribbean Punch
“When I makes tea I makes tea, as old mother Grogan said. And when I makes water I makes water.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

If there's a more deserving fireside drink than this, we don't know what it is. Condensed milk and Guinness combine in this eggnog-inspired beer cocktail; nutmeg on top makes it feel like winter.​

Ingredients:
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
16 ounces Guinness Extra Stout
1 raw egg
pinch fresh ground nutmeg

Instructions:
In a pitcher, vigorously beat the egg and condensed milk together.
Slowly pour the Guinness down the side of the pitcher and gently mix.
Pour into stemware, grate fresh nutmeg on top and serve.

Makes: 4
Have you got a bulk of Guinness athe moment!

Caribbean Guinness Punch? How is a person from God's County introducing me to something "Caribbean"? I can't contribute much here. My most inventive way of using eggs must be in cakes, as I never thought I'd be much of a baker, so when I create a cake that's great, that's a big invention of sorts. The stir fry looks like something I might have come close to when playing around with my eggs. I am just loving that Classic33 and the Guinness Punch.

In the end I think eggs tend to co-star in my house more than have the leading role outside of the "morning breakfast show".

Back
Top Bottom