Recipe Red Cabbage Blueberry Smoothie

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
3:14 PM
Red Cabbage Blueberry Smoothie.jpeg

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cold water
1/2 small head red cabbage, quartered and frozen (about 4” in diameter)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana, frozen
2/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

Directions
First, break up the frozen cabbage with your hands and puree with water in a high power blender.
Add frozen blueberries, banana and vanilla yogurt and puree again until smooth.

Enjoy!

http://www.accordingtoelle.com/red-cabbage-smoothie/

View attachment 2244

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cold water
1/2 small head red cabbage, quartered and frozen (about 4” in diameter)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana, frozen
2/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

Directions
First, break up the frozen cabbage with your hands and puree with water in a high power blender.
Add frozen blueberries, banana and vanilla yogurt and puree again until smooth.

Enjoy!

http://www.accordingtoelle.com/red-cabbage-smoothie/
Why do these recipes end with Enjoy!
Should I put that at the end of all my recipes?

I actually reckon this one wouldn't taste like cabbage, and using red cabbage it would probably blend to be a similar color/consistency to the blueberries (at least that's what I'm telling myself...)
Go on then... you can be the guinea pig. After all, the recipe has been declared joint winner of the Recipe Challenge!

Go on then... you can be the guinea pig. After all, the recipe has been declared joint winner of the Recipe Challenge!

I actually have 3 out of the 4 ingredients in my fridge right now (the yogurt, the cabbage and the frozen bananas - well, they're in the freezer) but blueberries might be a little trickier for me to get my hands on right now. And I don't think I'm game to try a red cabbage and banana smoothie :laugh::sick:

Why spoil the delicate blueberries , with earthy red cabbage , not feeling any thing for this inclusion , it gets a :sick::sick: from me

Why spoil the delicate blueberries , with earthy red cabbage , not feeling any thing for this inclusion , it gets a :sick::sick: from me
You're right, leave the blueberries out!

I would never have thought of a cabbage smoothie as something to enjoy. I have some red cabbage, I will think about this. I like cabbage and smoothies don't want to ruin a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom