Recipe Red Tuna Tartare with Mango

Francesca

Local time
6:24 AM
Red Tuna Tartare with Mango

A very simple récipe from: La Mercat Boqueria, the central Market of The Bari Goti Historical District of Barcelona.

MARGAUXTUNATARTAREAVOCT942878_198790510268297_1014531072_n.jpg

450 Grams red tuna
1 médium size mango ripe, but firm, peeled and diced
1 lemon ( or lime ) of juice
1 pinch of cayenne or smoked paprika
some minced fresh chive ribbon
2 Tablespoons of Tarragona Evoo ( Spanish Evoo )
Rasberry or Champagne Vinegar - for the vinaigrette
Salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste

1) Have your Fish Monger, dice the fresh fish into small cubes
2) Prepare a vinaigrette with the lemon juice and a tiny piece of lemon zest ( some prefer lime and can use it )
3) Add a pinch of the cayenne and combine all the ingredients in Number 2 with Number 3
4) Now add the red tuna and with a wooden spatula, combine gently clockwise
5) Put in the Refrigerator covered in a glass casserole or glass bowl for 2 hours.
6) Now, peel and dice the Mango, and the chive ribbon and reserve.
7) After, the 2 hours, add the diced mango and the chive ribbon minced to the tuna and re-combine in a clockwise motion.
8) Adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
9) Ready to serve with a Rosé Sparkling Wine or White Sparkling Wine ..

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

A very simple récipe from: La Mercat Boqueria, the central Market of The Bari Goti Historical District of Barcelona.

Enjoy.

Very simple, but very beautiful. I've never heard of raspberry or champagne vinegar, but I am sure we can get suitable alternatives to that here in UK supermarkets. But I would be less sure about the tuna. We can get fresh tuna in British supermarkets, but I am not convinced that it would be suitable for this recipe. I might be able to get the right tuna at the market, but I wonder if it might be a tad expensive. In any case, if the right opportunity arises, I do intend to try to make this. My feeling is that I would love it.

View attachment 7447

450 Grams red tuna
1 médium size mango ripe, but firm, peeled and diced
1 lemon ( or lime ) of juice
1 pinch of cayenne or smoked paprika
some minced fresh chive ribbon
2 Tablespoons of Tarragona Evoo ( Spanish Evoo )
Rasberry or Champagne Vinegar - for the vinaigrette
Salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste

1) Have your Fish Monger, dice the fresh fish into small cubes
2) Prepare a vinaigrette with the lemon juice and a tiny piece of lemon zest ( some prefer lime and can use it )
3) Add a pinch of the cayenne and combine all the ingredients in Number 2 with Number 3
4) Now add the red tuna and with a wooden spatula, combine gently clockwise
5) Put in the Refrigerator covered in a glass casserole or glass bowl for 2 hours.
6) Now, peel and dice the Mango, and the chive ribbon and reserve.
7) After, the 2 hours, add the diced mango and the chive ribbon minced to the tuna and re-combine in a clockwise motion.
8) Adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
9) Ready to serve with a Rosé Sparkling Wine or White Sparkling Wine ..

Enjoy.
I've made tuna tartare before but the mango adds a different touch to it...Thanks for the difference twist. What's difference between Italian evoo and Spanish evoo ?

Dados 1950,

Thank you very much. It is delightingly dazzling ! It provides the salty, acidic, and sweet tasting profiles.

EVOO: The indigenious varieties of olives (and grapes ) of the Mediterranean Countries are different.

The Greeks who also are ancient bearers of olives, have 3 main varieties: The Well Known Kalamata, The Atalanti and The Amifissas.

The Italians: Gaetas predominately.

The Spaniards: Arbequinas and the Picual are 2 off the top of the think tank.

The Provençe Región of France: The renowned Niçoise, Picholines and the Nyons ..

LIKE WINES, each has their individual tasting profile and tasting notes.

The flavor profiles vary greatly, depending on where the trees are situated. I had a Greek Evoo from Peloponnese, which had the most stunning peach aromas. The trees were situated on the same lands as the Peach Trees. Sincé this particular EVOO, is all done by hand, the olives are hand picked and its bottled by hand, It is a boutique ( very small ) Olive Oil Grove ..

Perhaps, a library or Google can provide further information for you. There is a magazine in English and Spanish called The Olive Times ..

Have a lovely day.

Last edited:
Very simple, but very beautiful. I've never heard of raspberry or champagne vinegar, but I am sure we can get suitable alternatives to that here in UK supermarkets. But I would be less sure about the tuna. We can get fresh tuna in British supermarkets, but I am not convinced that it would be suitable for this recipe. I might be able to get the right tuna at the market, but I wonder if it might be a tad expensive. In any case, if the right opportunity arises, I do intend to try to make this. My feeling is that I would love it.

Good Evening Ken,

Sherry Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar are good substitutes.

Perhaps, salmon would be a nice sub ..

It is quite lovely. Perhaps for a special occasion ..

Thank you, and have a nice evening.

Ooh, I have some raspberry vinegar looking for a recipe.

Thanks, Francesca. Looks delicious.

Back
Top Bottom