• 500 g Durum wheat Semolina’s flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 400ml full-bodied red wine
  • Salt, to taste
  • 300 g Gorgonzola, Dolce or Spicy
  • 50 ml milk
  • a handful of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Method

Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre, add the eggs and start to mix them in the flour a little at a time with a fork, without adding salt.
Add the red wine, keep mixing with the fork.
Now transfer the dough onto a pastry board or wooden surface and knead it vigorously for about 10 minutes until soft.
Cover with cling film and leave it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Tip: The fresh pasta dough should be left to rest at least 20 to 30 minutes. This is because during this time the ingredients are better mixed and the dough must have time to dry. It is not necessary to put it in the fridge, in fact this step is usually not recommended because it would dry out too much.

Divide the dough into 2-3 pieces, dust the pastry board with flour and roll out thin sheets with a rolling pin (2-3 mm thick) or use a pasta machine.

Once the sheet is formed, shape your dough: tagliatelle or ravioli or heart-shaped pasta as I did by using a simple heart-shaped biscuit cutter.

For the Gorgonzola cream: heat the milk, add Spicy or Dolce Gorgonzola , a handful of grated Parmigiano Reggiano and mix until you get a smooth cream.

Bring water to the boil in a pot, add salt to taste, pour the pasta in – it will cook and rise to the surface like gnocchi do, in about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, mix with the Gorgonzola cream and serve.

Last edited:
How totally cool this is. I thought this was a recipe for cookies when I saw the picture! I've never thought of using a cookie cutter to make pasta shapes, but it's a terrific idea. And, the combo of gorgonzola and wine-infused pasta is a winner.

Thank you so much for the appreciation
Yes they could looked like cookies :), at first I wanted to make tagliatelle, then my eyes went on the heart-shaped cookie cutter I have hang on my bar of kitchen tools, bam! Changed my mind in 2 seconds and said “ok, let’s try something fancy, a hearty-pasta”. I have used durum wheat flour which is perfect for pasta making (South of Italy rules). Red wine added to the dough is very used too -only a slight red wine aftertaste once eating pasta.
I think that Gorgonzola just works fine, it gives a good twist

Last edited:
MypinchofItaly of making this into spaghetti or linguine- any recommendations for dishes to go with it?

Hi popeye85
Sorry I’m not sure I got your question. You meant making this as fresh pasta or making this as simple dry pasta ? If you make this as fresh pasta (without Gorgonzola, I suppose you meant?) like tagliatelle for example, you can seasoning it with a simple “white” meat ragù, i.e. without tomato sauce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom