Ridiculously Expensive Kitchen Appliances!!!!

View attachment 23585

This one (made by Hobart) has to be at the top of the list! At list price, it costs well over $2,000! It is adorned by chefs & gourmet cooks alike. It is Hobart's smallest mixer, but it's very powerful.

Some places charge about $1,000 more!! Even though it is a commercial machine, getting one will probably wipe out your bank account!! Even used, it is expensive, which I thought about getting one used from Ebay!

Can't do it! :ohmy:

hobart n50 stand mixer 2.jpg

Thinking about :wink:getting this used Hobart mixer for just under $500 plus shipping cost. But the bowl & beaters aren't included. Still, even after getting them all, it is cheaper than the normal price of over $2,000 for a brand new one!! The machine still works good!! :wink:

Last edited:
I'd get one thing at a time, or all four, until I have the 4 parts. I'll clean it up & maybe repaint it so that it will look almost new!! It'll be my project / goal to restoring its appearance to like-new-look condition!! :wink:

s-l64.jpg

Or this used Globe machine for $290.Only the whip, dough hook & splash guard are missing. :wink:

I keep seeing Emeril's 9-in-1 air fryer on late-night TV for about $300? A little high IMO. It's about $219 and free shipping on Amazon. I want the rotisserie. I'm tempted.

https://www.amazon.com/Emeril-Lagasse-Power-360-Convection/dp/B07NLHMYH4

• Emeril’s 9-in-1 AirFryer Oven – Replace your countertop convection oven! 5 all-over heating elements mimic a commercial-quality oven for perfect, even cooking. Most convection ovens only have 3. 12 pre-set cooking functions let you choose what you want to cook and how: custom toaster oven setting for up to 6 slices of bread, roast a whole turkey, bake desserts, air fry fried chicken, slow cooking up to 10 hours, roast vegetables, dehydrate jerky and fruit, bake crisp-crust pizza & more.
  • Better Than Ordinary Convection Ovens - 360° Quick Cook Technology and five super powerful heating elements mean your meals cook evenly on all sides in a whirlwind of super-heated air for crispy, delicious flavors. No added fats, oils, or unhealthy grease required. Get chef-quality results in one compact, 1500-Watt countertop oven - 40% faster than regular ovens.
  • Extra Versatile – LCD Digital Display with 12 Cooking Functions: Air fry, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, toast, reheat, roast, broil, bagel, pizza, slow cook, and warm / reheat. Using an air fryer over a traditional deep fryer can help reduce the number of unhealthy calories you consume by up to 70% while still letting you enjoy your favorite foods.
  • Stainless-Steel Construction – A sleek, state-of-the art appliance to complement your kitchen and surrounding accessories, this all-in-one air fryer, rotisserie, and dehydrator oven provides long-lasting versatility and an XL 930 cubic inch capacity. Includes a crisper tray, rotisserie spit, pizza rack, baking pan, drip tray, and cook book with recipes written by Emeril himself!
  • Trusted Emeril Lagasse Quality – Every multi-purpose hot air fryer we produce is backed by chef-quality design, construction, and support to ensure it lasts through every evening meal, holiday dinner, and quick bite of delicious fries!

george-foreman-gr82b-george-jr-rotisserie-image-1.jpg

I once had one of THESE. The George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie.

It lasted a long time, that is, until one of the rods broke on the spit. Had to toss it. :headshake:

Phooey. That's cute.
Does the price sound reasonable? Maybe it's realistic for what it is. Sounded high to me.

I keep seeing Emeril's 9-in-1 air fryer on late-night TV for about $300? A little high IMO. It's about $219 and free shipping on Amazon. I want the rotisserie. I'm tempted.

https://www.amazon.com/Emeril-Lagasse-Power-360-Convection/dp/B07NLHMYH4

• Emeril’s 9-in-1 AirFryer Oven – Replace your countertop convection oven! 5 all-over heating elements mimic a commercial-quality oven for perfect, even cooking. Most convection ovens only have 3. 12 pre-set cooking functions let you choose what you want to cook and how: custom toaster oven setting for up to 6 slices of bread, roast a whole turkey, bake desserts, air fry fried chicken, slow cooking up to 10 hours, roast vegetables, dehydrate jerky and fruit, bake crisp-crust pizza & more.
  • Better Than Ordinary Convection Ovens - 360° Quick Cook Technology and five super powerful heating elements mean your meals cook evenly on all sides in a whirlwind of super-heated air for crispy, delicious flavors. No added fats, oils, or unhealthy grease required. Get chef-quality results in one compact, 1500-Watt countertop oven - 40% faster than regular ovens.
  • Extra Versatile – LCD Digital Display with 12 Cooking Functions: Air fry, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, toast, reheat, roast, broil, bagel, pizza, slow cook, and warm / reheat. Using an air fryer over a traditional deep fryer can help reduce the number of unhealthy calories you consume by up to 70% while still letting you enjoy your favorite foods.
  • Stainless-Steel Construction – A sleek, state-of-the art appliance to complement your kitchen and surrounding accessories, this all-in-one air fryer, rotisserie, and dehydrator oven provides long-lasting versatility and an XL 930 cubic inch capacity. Includes a crisper tray, rotisserie spit, pizza rack, baking pan, drip tray, and cook book with recipes written by Emeril himself!
  • Trusted Emeril Lagasse Quality – Every multi-purpose hot air fryer we produce is backed by chef-quality design, construction, and support to ensure it lasts through every evening meal, holiday dinner, and quick bite of delicious fries!

WOW!! Whoa!!!! one of them is priced at just over $300!! That IS kind of high to me!!!! :ohmy::headshake:

Hmmm. At first it reminded me of a toaster oven on steroids. Lol. It performs lots of functions though. Maybe the price will come down.

Hmmm. At first it reminded me of a toaster oven on steroids. Lol. It performs lots of functions though. Maybe the price will come down.

Hopefully, but not likely. Maybe in popular like the Ninja Foodi. Was gonna order an extra inner pot for it. No one has one!! Every website is sold out of them!!! :mad::headshake:

Name an appliance for your kitchen that is so ridiculously over priced that you wouldn't even THINK about getting it. Yet the makers of these overly-priced things are so crazy to want this kind of money for them!

Now I don't mind modern conveniences in the kitchen, but come on! There IS a limit to how much one would spend to get an appliance that has tons of "bells & whistles" on them!! Or one product or thing that lays claims to outdo the other!! :ohmy:

I'm all for appliances and kitchen gadgets that make kitchen tasks easier.
However, to be honest, I can't see myself spending a bundle of money on Kitchen Aide or Le Cruset. (sp?) I don't buy Calphenon. I don't even know how to spell it. I use the high and low knobs on the stove. I never should say never, but don't feel an expensive appliance makes the dish. The cook makes or breaks the dish. :wink: Food for thought.

Last edited:
I'm all for appliances and kitchen gadgets that make kitchen tasks easier.
However, to be honest, I can't see myself spending a bundle of money on Kitchen Aide or Le Cruset. (sp?) I never should say never, but don't feel an expensive appliance makes the dish. The cook makes or breaks the dish. :wink: Food for thought.

I got my Le Cruset set (mini pots) at a tag/yard sale, so they were not close to full price. I would not have bought them at a full price. I think I paid $15 or thereabouts.

Imo, the price tags on above brands are obscene. I try to use what I have correctly. Don't mind replacing a piece when and if needed.

Back
Top Bottom