Ridiculously Expensive Kitchen Appliances!!!!

I'm puzzled, but that's normal,lol.
Btw nothing would offend me here. Pretty straight site, I've never come across any nastiness, but as I say, I'm puzzled.

Russ

Don't worry about it - the posts were deleted by the members who posted them - it was a bit of off topic banter that's all.

globe-sp5-gear-driven-5-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-800-watt-motor-115v.jpg

This Globe SP05 commercial mixer sells for well over $600 & for well over $1,000 on Amazon.com, yet I was able to jump on it for just a little over $500 from Ebay, brand new!!! Shows you that when you do your homework, you can make out like a wolf & don't have to pay those ridiculous prices that people are asking for!! :wink:

Last edited:
Big difference shermie. !!

Russ[/QUOTE

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been trying to buy the right commercial-style mixer. They all are so ridiculously expensive, which I wouldn't buy. But I've been wanting THIS one for the longest time! I want to see what it can do. And how it works. :wink:

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been trying to buy the right commercial-style mixer. They all are so ridiculously expensive, which I wouldn't buy. But I've been wanting THIS one for the longest time! I want to see what it can do. And how it works. :wink:

I don't bake so it's not an item I would buy, my daughter is the baker, her lemon drizzle cake is to die for. I'm just an ordinary cook.

Russ

I started cooking before I tried any baking. I was about 9 years old back then. As I began to cook more & more, It wasn't until the late '60s that I decided to try my hand at baking! I've been loving it ever since!!

Of course, this was all by hand. I bought my first true dough mixer in '78. Then I got a Kitchenaid in '86. I had it for about 25 years before it started to give me trouble. I have four stand mixers. The Globe will be the 5th & final one! I stop there.

So yes, that should tell you something. That I love to bake! It has become a science for me. :wink:

Last edited:
I started cooking before I tried any baking. I was about 9 years old back then. As I began to cook more & more, It wasn't until the late '60s that I decided to try my hand at baking! I've been loving it ever since!!

Of course, this was all by hand. I bought my first true dough mixer in '78. Then I got a Kitchenaid in '86. I had it for about 25 years before it started to give me trouble. I have four stand mixers. The Globe will be the 5th one! I stop there.

So yes, that should tell you something. That I love to bake! It has become a science for me. :wink:
I just love cooking, I do bake thr odd dessert for the kids but I love creating meals. I got my love of food at home economics at high school. I don't think they do that class anymore. A pity because it can inspire you.

Russ

I just love cooking, I do bake thr odd dessert for the kids but I love creating meals. I got my love of food at home economics at high school. I don't think they do that class anymore. A pity because it can inspire you.

Russ

I was tempted at one time, to buy the KA commercial mixer, but when I did some research on it, I found some bad reviews on it. The "clicking" noise that has affected some of the other models has also worked it's way up to EVEN THIS one!!! So I thought that it's time to leave that brand alone. They're not being made like they were when Hobart was making them!! :(:headshake:

Last edited:
Motor for Globe sp05 mixer..jpg
Motor for Globe mixers..jpg

Here's a pic of the monster drive motor that's featured inside the Globe mixer. Looks very big, powerful & robust!! :wink:

Last edited:
My Globe sp05 mixer..jpg

Just had my Globe mixer delivered the other day!! Looks nice! All of the beaters move flawlessly around the bowl. Can't wait to try it out! :wink:

Last edited:
Vacuum Food sealer..jpg

Some commercial appliance co. keeps on sending me e-mails with an offer to buy THIS vacuum food sealer for $989!! Regularly $1,599!!!! I'm not buying that!!! :ohmy::headshake:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom