RIP Queen Elizabeth II

I'm well fed up. BBC (both channels), ITV, Ch 4 and Sky news are now not showing programmes or reporting news at all unless Queen related. There is apparently no news in any of the rest of the world or in this country. Its the latter I find particularly upsetting. Not sure how long this will continue but I heard something about 10 days of 'national' mourning.

I was trying to find a weather report yesterday - but even that now seems to be banned!
It looks like BBC 2 are running the BBC 1 schedule this afternoon and evening, channel 4 has normal programming including the Grand Prix. I expect TV will mostly return to normal after this weekend. Even the line from the office of King Charles seems to be advice not to go over the top and allow normal life to continue.

I have no interest in the endless filling on the news broadcasts, but watching the process play out with the set piece ceremonies - silly as they may seem with their dressing up and choreography - is something I find very interesting. These are traditions and a part of the British heritage that any of us under 70 have not witnessed.

I was trying to find a weather report yesterday - but even that now seems to be banned!
You need one of these:

Amazon

I was amazed to find out from my daughter that my beloved wife was apparently a huge royals enthusiast and knew every detail of their lives and all of the family intrigues. I had no idea, but I do have an idea of why she kept that hidden from me.
My husband and I have two rules for each other:
1) I don't talk to him about anything related to the Queen/royalty in general (which is a big interest of mine, though I don't support monarchy)
2) He does not talk about all the drama subreddits he loves to follow (things like am I the idiot etc)

I guess I am weird for being an Anglophile but not supporting the monarchy, and still reading their biographies and knowing all about them. I'm just very interested in history, and they are living history.

Last edited:
My husband and I have two rules for each other:
1) I don't talk to him about anything related to the Queen/royalty in general (which is a big interest of mine, though I don't support monarchy)
2) He does not talk about all the drama subreddits he loves to follow (things like am I the idiot etc)

I guess I am weird for being an Anglophile but not supporting the monarchy, and still reading their biographies and knowing all about them. I'm just very interested in history, and they are living history.
It wasn't so much not talking about it as it was me having no idea she even had an interest in it, much less a passionate interest. My daughter, with whom she discussed it extensively, explained to me, "Most American enthusiasts of royals are female. And they love it because it's half fairy tale, half soap opera."

It wasn't so much not talking about it as it was me having no idea she even had an interest in it, much less a passionate interest. My daughter, with whom she discussed it extensively, explained to me, "Most American enthusiasts of royals are female. And they love it because it's half fairy tale, half soap opera."
We both like the historical aspect mainly - neither of us are followers of the scandals, and instead choose to pay attention to the way they interact with the people, the government, and world.

KC3 is immediately interesting to me, because he’s been prone to take more of a stand on things publicly, more so than QE2, and I want to see how that plays out for him, and the UK at large.

Ya know, my mind almost immediately wandered over to the fact that Harry & Meghan were persona non grata, soooooo ... how is this playing out back there? I don't have regulation TV and can't watch what's going on over there .... can someone file me in on that aspect of the Royals?

Apparently William and Harry were seen together for the first time since June. Photo/CNN

1662864101527.jpeg

CD

The BBC have a news reader with a very strong Irish accent, she refers to Charles as King Charles da t*rd.

Apparently William and Harry were seen together for the first time since June. Photo/CNN

View attachment 90180

CD

Meghan opens her mouth, people attached her, Meghan remains silent, people attack her, is this jealousy because she married Harry? are people put off by having a 'foreigner' in the family? folks really should leave her alone-focus their energy on doing something good instead of constantly picking on her every word and movement.
*Rant over*

Back
Top Bottom