RIP Queen Elizabeth II

I looked at the proposed queue today. It will stretch from Lambeth Bridge, which is close to Westminster, right the way along the Thames as far as Southwark bridge. That´s 4 1/2 MILES!!
I think I´ll pay my respects on TV....

I looked at the proposed queue today. It will stretch from Lambeth Bridge, which is close to Westminster, right the way along the Thames as far as Southwark bridge. That´s 4 1/2 MILES!!
I think I´ll pay my respects on TV....

And a 30 hour wait! I actually think anyone prepared to queue that long (when they don't have to) is crazy.

And a 30 hour wait! I actually think anyone prepared to queue that long (when they don't have to) is crazy.
Consensus at work is that it should have been possible to set up a registration centre in say Hyde Park where you turned up and were given a wristband with a time on it to turn up at Westminster. No need to queue for hours.

How do people in a 30 hour line, umm, you know?
There are toilet blocks set up along the route. Everyone in the queue has a wristband so they can leave to do what they have to, or buy food, then retake their place.

Seriously, if you think the Queen's procession was choreographed, the British obssesion with queue etiquette is on a whole other level

Back
Top Bottom