RIP Queen Elizabeth II

So sorry to hear about your Queen. Please accept my condolences to all of those who are grieving her.

Now, I'm curious to see what's next. Prince Charles became King, but my hunch has always been that he'd give up the throne to Prince William.

So sorry to hear about your Queen. Please accept my condolences to all of those who are grieving her.

Now, I'm curious to see what's next. Prince Charles became King, but my hunch has always been that he'd give up the throne to Prince William.
King Charles will reign for his full term, he understands his duty. The question remains how much reform of the Royal household we will see.

Prince Charles became King, but my hunch has always been that he'd give up the throne to Prince William
That´s what a lot of people are thinking. Here´s a bloke who´s been sitting on the substitute´s bench for the past 50 years and has never been called up, so maybe he´s just past it. No, it doesn´t work like that. Becoming King is his duty to the people of Britain; it´s not a job that he applied for to take or leave as he wishes, it´s an obligation to his subjects and to his religion (in this case, the Church of England). He´s been meticulously prepared for this moment all his life and for him to abdicate, unless there were serious health or moral issues, would be a dereliction of duty.

Correct. His Great Uncle abdicated to marry and divorced woman.

His own private life was great affected by this same convention.

There is no skipping over him and installing his son.

I'm well fed up. BBC (both channels), ITV, Ch 4 and Sky news are now not showing programmes or reporting news at all unless Queen related. There is apparently no news in any of the rest of the world or in this country. Its the latter I find particularly upsetting. Not sure how long this will continue but I heard something about 10 days of 'national' mourning.

I was trying to find a weather report yesterday - but even that now seems to be banned!

Back
Top Bottom