Recipe Roast chicken with a miso, honey, butter, garlic sauce

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
2:41 AM
I really liked this. Craig, not so much though, don't think he liked the miso flavor. It is simple, fairly quick, took just over an hour, including cooking time, and making the rice, pickled cucumbers and radishes and salad dressing. During that time, I also took the pugs out and made a peach crumble for dessert to go in the oven once the chicken was done. Minimal dishes to clean as well. Can't beat that in my book.
2019-06-15-18-03-50-jpg.jpg

4 very large chicken thighs, skin on, most of excess fat removed.
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsp yellow or white miso
2-1/2 Tbsp honey
8 large garlic cloves, peeled
salt

Mix butter, miso and honey until well combined. Loosen skin and place about 1 Tbsp of miso mixture under skin. Place chicken in a roasting pan (fairly snug fit) skin side up. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt. Divide remaining miso mixture equally and smear on top of skin. Nestle garlic cloves down in between chicken pieces. Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes until juices run clear or temperature reaches 165 Fahrenheit. Miso topping should be nicely browned. Tent pan with foil if it starts to brown too much. Remove chicken from pan and mash garlic into drippings to make a sauce.

I served with Jasmine rice and an arugula salad with quick pickled cucumbers and radishes, which were a nice counterpoint to the buttery richness of the sauce. The dressing was a vinaigrette using rice vinegar, salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, a bit of sesame seed oil, and a bit each of vegetable oil and olive oil. The cucumbers and radishes were sliced thinly and pickled using a 2:1 ratio of rice vinegar and water with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar. I started them after the chicken went in the oven.

I personally think the miso honey garlic butter would also be a great topping for popcorn!

Back
Top Bottom