Roasting pan clean-up tips

You're missing the point. Why would anyone pay €50 to have it shipped from the US to Spain?

There ya go!

And yes, Fairy Power Spray is pretty amusing. I suppose because it's magical?
I suppose it is funny. I hadn't noticed because Fairys been about since forever. Proctor and Gamble were formed in 1898.

According to wikipedia -
It is closely related to the Dawn dishwashing product range sold in the USA and to Dreft, Yes and JAR brands used by P&G in various European and international markets.

So I need to look for Yes or Jar power spray, or whatever the Spanish words for power spray are!

I forgot about the baking soda trick. Make a paste, let it sit for a while, then use a scrubbing sponge to scour. You might have to do this several times depending on how bad the burned on stuff is but it does work eventually.

I forgot about the baking soda trick. Make a paste, let it sit for a while, then use a scrubbing sponge to scour. You might have to do this several times depending on how bad the burned on stuff is but it does work eventually.
Good one, no harsh chemicals.

I have finally ordered an extra large roasting tin (only fractionally smaller than the oven shelf size) so the pain of scrubbing that evil thing will be over!

I didn't realise how much that pan put me off cooking certain dishes.
The pain of having to deal with it's extra adherent surface has obviously been floating around in the back of my mind as stumbling block for a long long time!

Funny how bad or difficult to use equipment can scupper you without you even realising! I had a rubbish garlic crusher that I put up with for years and when I finally put it in the charity box and bought an oxo good grips version I wondered why I took so long!

I roast a lot of meats (roast beef, lamb, ham, small poultry, meat loaf etc.) in a cast iron pan on a round rack. When meat is done, I remove the meat and the rack. I make my pan gravy in the pan and that takes care of deglazing stuck on bits and makes a wonderful gravy. No problem cleaning up.

Alternately – I will place a heavy-duty foil pan inside my roasting pan (my large turkey roaster 17×12 and my smaller 9×13 pan) and add a rack. Pour off drippings, toss pan and put roasting pan away. Never has a foil pan leaked.
There are many sizes, including 8×8 foil pans. They really do solve the problem.

1686485337431.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom