Rodent Hairs, Fly Maggot Mouth Hook Parts, Cleaning Solvents, Pesticides, Glass, Pebbles, Plastic and ...

I'm not the only one but it's a murican thing turkey. I love deli meats, but alas no toikey.

Russ
You just don't know. Instead of the eagle, they almost made it the national bird. Seriously. But turkeys are so dumb looking and ugly, and the eagle is so majestic looking, they went with that instead.

If only they knew how many Muricans are complete turkeys, it would have been so fitting.

That puts a new twist on their "Where's the beef" slogan they used to use!
Keep in mind that Wendy's was not guilty of anything in this case. They were victimized and their business suffered considerably.

Your politicians made a good decision on the eagle, I love watching them.

This is our foreign minister who's married to her first cousin. Imagine the full picture, she is seriously obese.

The worst that has happened to me at supermarket delis is getting some cold cuts during flu season and then catching the flu from them 'cause the people working the deli came in to work despite being sick.

Keep in mind that Wendy's was not guilty of anything in this case. They were victimized and their business suffered considerably.
Yeah. I read the article or I would have never made a comment about it.

I had some neighbors when I lived in Florida who had a scam going on (not monetary) where they were angling for free food. They would call and complain about food they had ordered a few days earlier (that they didn't really order) and complain about something, hair in the food, etc., of course they didn't keep the receipt, blah blah blah, and the manager would apologize and offer them a KFC bucket replacement (or free pizza: Domino's, Pizza Hut). It was shameful. They did it a lot and used to brag about it. I avoided those scummy people like the plague. I used to go fishing off the dock out back behind the apartments and they would come down with their poles and bum bait from me, I just let them have whatever bait I had left and make up some excuse, and leave. I didn't tell them what I thought about them. They were cray-cray enough to do something malicious to get back at me. I was never happier than when they got evicted for not paying rent.

It does not amaze me that so many members have experienced contact with people whose behavior is so base. I have seen things like have been recounted in this thread often in my life. That's where my 'step out' philosophy becomes so important.

In life, I have found, it is important to have people around you who are quality in their behavior and demeanor. And when you can't find any, go it alone. Do get sucked down by those sorts.

Last edited:
Seriously, all of my work over the years has led me to where I wear food handling gloves at home whenever possible. I cringe at the idea of skin cells being inside of the food I cook, I scrub my hands thoroughly before preparing food and try to wear the gloves (okay, nearly impossible when working dough). Thank goodness I am female and have very little arm hair. And to think I used to love those big hairy Italian dudes who were flipping pizza dough and making incredible NY style pies, after I did a certain amount of work in restaurants and such I always worried about those hairy Italian arm hairs ending up in my pizza crust. Still tasted damn good, though.

Yeah. I read the article or I would have never made a comment about it.

I had some neighbors when I lived in Florida who had a scam going on (not monetary) where they were angling for free food. They would call and complain about food they had ordered a few days earlier (that they didn't really order) and complain about something, hair in the food, etc., of course they didn't keep the receipt, blah blah blah, and the manager would apologize and offer them a KFC bucket replacement (or free pizza: Domino's, Pizza Hut). It was shameful. They did it a lot and used to brag about it. I avoided those scummy people like the plague. I used to go fishing off the dock out back behind the apartments and they would come down with their poles and bum bait from me, I just let them have whatever bait I had left and make up some excuse, and leave. I didn't tell them what I thought about them. They were cray-cray enough to do something malicious to get back at me. I was never happier than when they got evicted for not paying rent.

Don't forget the McDonald's scam with the scratch cards I watched the 4? Part docos. Great story that I really enjoyed.

Russ

It does not amaze me that so many members have experienced contact with people whose behavior is so base. I have seen things like have been recounted in this thread often in my life. That's where my 'step out' philosophy becomes so important.

In life, I have found, it is important to have people around you who are quality in their behavior and demeanor. And when you can't find any, go it alone. Do get sucked down by the low lifes.
I promise you that nearly everyone (if not 100% EVERYONE) in this forum feels the same way.

I promise you that nearly everyone (if not 100% EVERYONE) in this forum feels the same way.

My wife had a sort of friend who got her down with her negativity, all sorts of dramas with her family. I suggested she wean herself off her as it was getting toxic. She did and my wife agreed with me in the end. The said woman is still in a toxic relationship family wise.
We need to move from negative people.

Russ

My wife had a sort of friend who got her down with her negativity, all sorts of dramas with her family. I suggested she wean herself off her as it was getting toxic. She did and my wife agreed with me in the end. The said woman is still in a toxic relationship family wise.
We need to move from negative people.

Russ
I can relate, I have 5 siblings and 1 is not quite right. The rest of us distance ourselves as much as possible from her. Believe me, we have tried to be supportive, but she just drains good energy and leaves a bad taste and negative impact. Gotta protect ourselves.

Edited to add that her kids feel the same way.

The worst that has happened to me at supermarket delis is getting some cold cuts during flu season and then catching the flu from them 'cause the people working the deli came in to work despite being sick.
And they think coronavirus can't be transmitted from food. Hmm.

Turkey has never really taken off here, never seen it in a deli, if I did I would buy it, I love it, with cranberry jelly. We have it once a year at Xmas. Shame really!!

Russ
I don't love cranberry jelly :thumbsdown:

And they think coronavirus can't be transmitted from food. Hmm.
Yes. I had it back in February last year when first started spreading. And I believe I got it via my digestive tract from touching a contaminated surface and then eating something with my hands. I did not have respiratory problems, but did get a severe immune system response that clobbered me.

The funny thing is that I reported it and could not tell them that I had traveled overseas or had contact with someone who had - and so they did not believe me when I told them about it.

As you know, my land lady and her daughter were Vietnamese American and they, back in February had many guests over to celebrate the Chinese New Year. They used my bathroom while they were there. Bingo. I got Covid19 back when they still believed nobody in California had yet to have it. It was in latter months that they started discovering that people were already dying of the virus earlier than the first reported US death that they knew about in Washington State.

The initial tracking of the virus was such a cluster f___.

Back
Top Bottom