Roll up, roll up, cucumber recipes wanted here!

That does sound really good. I used to make something similar but yours sounds easier to prepare and keep together when eating. Mine was English cucumber slices with a dollop of cream cheese and salmon on top, plus a small slice of avocado on top of that and a sprinkle of lemon pepper and fresh dill. But it had to be secured with a toothpick and even then it wasn't easy to keep it from sliding apart when popping into your mouth.
I do that one! Minus the avocado though as thats on the anaphylaxis list.
And without the lemon which sounds like it would be a big improvement!

I do that one! Minus the avocado though as thats on the anaphylaxis list.
And without the lemon which sounds like it would be a big improvement!
Ah, how disappointing. I love avos. I am sure it's good without. And yes, the lemon pepper neutralizes even the slightest fishy hint and gives it a brightness.

Ah, how disappointing. I love avos. I am sure it's good without. And yes, the lemon pepper neutralizes even the slightest fishy hint and gives it a brightness.
Me too. When my allergic sons not about it's the one item I'll bring into the house because the near paranoiac level of cleaning that has to occur after is worth it! 😂

I’ve started the cucumber jelly.
It’s so PRETTY 🤩

I remembered when my bezzie’s grandmother died because I used to keep her company on her to visits I was given these sweet little sherry glasses to remember her by.
So I’ve got four little glasses chilling in the fridge now waiting for their smoked salmon hats!

Can’t wait!

View attachment 102951

I do so love it when members make other members' posted recipes. These do indeed look very pretty indeed.

I do so love it when members make other members' posted recipes. These do indeed look very pretty indeed.
Thankyou.
I think it's rather lovely to belong to a forum where I look at the recipes and think "oh I can imagine that, got to try it"
Or even the bits that you modify your own dishes with like "oh yes lemon pepper that would be a good addition"
The upside down pineapple cake is slowly burning a hole in my brain because I haven't made it.. YET 😆

Thankyou.
I think it's rather lovely to belong to a forum where I look at the recipes and think "oh I can imagine that, got to try it"
Or even the bits that you modify your own dishes with like "oh yes lemon pepper that would be a good addition"
The upside down pineapple cake is slowly burning a hole in my brain because I haven't made it.. YET 😆
I love that cake. It brings up nostalgic memories of my childhood. When my kids were younger I would make it using a yellow box of cake mix and a can of pineapple (I was short on time with four kids, dinner, laundry, and work). It was just as good as from scratch so why not?

I love that cake. It brings up nostalgic memories of my childhood. When my kids were younger I would make it using a yellow box of cake mix and a can of pineapple (I was short on time with four kids, dinner, laundry, and work). It was just as good as from scratch so why not?
Oh, that just reminded me of the yellow cake mix with crushed pineapple and cool whip. Had totally forgotten about it. Googled and it's got various names, sunshine cake, pineapple poke cake, better than sex cake. Too bad I didn't remember that for the pineapple challenge.

I don't really know what yellow cake mix box is, is it a type of Victoria sponge mix?

I don't really know what yellow cake mix box is, is it a type of Victoria sponge mix?
It's just basic box cake mix, we have Pillsbury and Duncan Hines (and others) in the US.
Classic Yellow Cake Mix | Duncan Hines
1690580056415.png

And Betty Crocker which is also available in the UK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betty-Crocker-Super-Moist-Yellow/dp/B00CJ8IDE6

And Tesco has JF Mills?
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/263570371

Which are currently out of stock, LOL. But you get the idea.
Oh okies 👍
Tbh cake mixes that state the cake type is yellow aren't going to be a massive hit here because it's a bit like things that state the flavour is 'blue' we're a suspicious breed 😆
If they just said Victoria sponge mix or even just sponge mix that would be a goer.

Can't remember when the superior Betty Crocker brand appeared on the supermarket shelves near where I live (doesn't seem long ago) but the other cake mixes were awful.

Oh okies 👍
Tbh cake mixes that state the cake type is yellow aren't going to be a massive hit here because it's a bit like things that state the flavour is 'blue' we're a suspicious breed 😆
If they just said Victoria sponge mix or even just sponge mix that would be a goer.

Can't remember when the superior Betty Crocker brand appeared on the supermarket shelves near where I live (doesn't seem long ago) but the other cake mixes were awful.
To me sponge cake is something different in texture.

https://www.thekitchn.com/sponge-cake-recipe-23246339

To me sponge cake is something different in texture.

Yep, agreed, it’s not a sponge cake.

When I was a kid, all they had in the stores were white cake, yellow cake, and devil’s food/chocolate cake mixes. White cake had no yolks, just whites, and yellow cake had the whole egg in it.

Nowadays, yikes, there’s every flavor imaginable, including things that are just made-up flavors. I have a half-box of Dolly Parton’s Southern-style Banana Pudding Cake mix in my cupboard!

Back
Top Bottom