Recipe Salmon with white wine and caper butter

karadekoolaid

Legendary Member
Local time
6:38 AM
I´ve found a wonderful supplier that sells me whole sides of salmon, cleaned, no bones, just the skin. I cut the salmon into portions and freeze it, just perfect for a Sunday lunch. I´m adventurous with my sauces, but the wife likes something really simple, so here´s the recipe for today´s lunch:
Salmon with White Wine and Caper Butter (Serves 4)

Ingredients:

4 salmon steaks, about 150 gms (5-51/2 ozs)
100 gms ( one stick) unsalted butter
1 cup white wine (I use Chilean Sauvignon Blanc)
2 tbsps capers, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Place a frying pan on high heat and add a knob of butter.
  2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper then, once the butter is sizzling, carefully place them in the pan, skin side down.
  3. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the skin is crispy. Turn the steaks on one side, 30 seconds; then upside down, 30 seconds, then the other side, 30 seconds (ie. rotate the fish in the pan) then place skin side down again.
  4. Add the cup of white wine and shake the pan.
  5. Roughly dice the butter and add to the pan. Once it has melted, immediately add the capers. Baste the salmon steaks with the butter sauce continuously for about 2 more minutes, until the salmon is cooked. Do NOT overcook or the salmon will become dry.
  6. Serve with vegetables of your choice.

Oops!
Just tried to add it, and it said: " Some tags are blacklisted: cookingbites recipe challenge" .
Why was that?

Oops!
Just tried to add it, and it said: " Some tags are blacklisted: cookingbites recipe challenge" .
Why was that?
Yeah, it didn't let me add it either, same message, and it also didn't like the alcohol tag.

I'll report it - I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

Thanks. One day I´ll get this posting thing right:eek::cool::cool:
Ok, looks like we've got the tag fixed, so you're almost there...almost. :)

The last thing you need to do is copy the link to the recipe, then make a post in the challenge topic and paste that link there. Easy.

Let me know if you need a little help doing that or if it doesn't make sense, and we'll get it sorted for you.

Ok, looks like we've got the tag fixed, so you're almost there...almost. :)

The last thing you need to do is copy the link to the recipe, then make a post in the challenge topic and paste that link there. Easy.

Let me know if you need a little help doing that or if it doesn't make sense, and we'll get it sorted for you.
OK - I think I´ve nailed that. It´s posted in the Cookingbites Challenge and the link to the recipe is on the right. It underlines itself when I pass the mouse over the top. As Einstein said: Failure doesn´t mean you´re a failure; it just means you haven´t succeeded yet"

OK - I think I´ve nailed that. It´s posted in the Cookingbites Challenge and the link to the recipe is on the right. It underlines itself when I pass the mouse over the top. As Einstein said: Failure doesn´t mean you´re a failure; it just means you haven´t succeeded yet"
Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing where you've posted it in the challenge.

Let me know where you posted it, and if it's not there, I can help get it posted. I may just be missing the obvious, though.

Back
Top Bottom